JUst activated my new Optimus S, a few questions?

coadman

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Activated my phone, but Sprint online told me they could not transfer my contacts from my old phone into the new one. My old phone had all the contacts backed up by Sprint Moble Sync, but they said the Optimus uses Google. Is there any way I can do this online some how, without having to drive the 50-60 miles to my nearest dealer to have the contacts transfered?
thanks,
Jim

coadman

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Use Bluetooth. I was also angry when Sprint told me they both had Wireless Sync.

Care to explain to me how to do this task, using bluetooth? I do use bluetooth on my old phone. Or perhaps point me in the direction of where I can read up on the subject?
thanks,
Jim

BobbyJenks

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You will need to pair the phones up or add your old phone to the trusted list. Depending on the phone you had, you need to send the 'contact' via Bluetooth or 'send all' like I was able to. When you recieve it on the Optimus it will show a downloading icon in the status bar. Open that notification, and the contact should extract its self into the new phone.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Best method is if you have Outlook - might also work with Outlook Express

If you can get your old contacts into outlook, you can export them, I think as .CSV,
then you can use your gmail account to import that CSV, do any edits.

Once that is done, then sync your phone with your GMail account and all your contacts will sync.

coadman

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
BobbyJenks,
Hey, Thanks man! Using the Bluetooth method worked, took a little while, but quicker than making a 100 mile roundtrip to a Sprint Store! Exactly the kind of information I was wanting, when starting this thread. Again, Muchos Gracias!