Xplod Bluetooth Controls Not working* & More!

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
*except with stitcher, it pauses and plays fine.

I have a Sony MEX-BT2700 dash unit and an Optimus S.

1) doesn't auto connect (have to goto bluetooth settings each time)
2) issues connecting somtimes/ half conenctions (ie: phone only)
3) Beyondpod, Mixzing, Music, listen, Poweramp... none control through the bluetooth.

Had a Pre and the only issue with it was not being able to control whether I just want calling or music.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
make sure your phones bt is on before starting your car (or headunit). i have the mex-bt(some numbers) and i have 0 problems connecting as long as my phones bt is on first. if i turn the car on then my phones bt, i have to manually connect.

this should also solve the half-connecting problem.

not sure about the rest. i use the stock media player. i can try poweramp over the weekend and see if i can control it from the stereo.

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
It connected to the phone part automatically when I did that.

I have tried the stock music player too and nothing works.
If stitcher is open is controls that no matter what I am doing.

How do I forget the connection? I unpair and disconnect but I want to start all over.

the 2700 was a cheaper system.. yours is probably nicer.

Thanks for the fast response hamagc!

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
lol mine looks pretty cheap. came with the car when i bought it.

to forget, just unpair then repair. it should totally reset the connection.

what system are you on? stock? i remember for a fact that the controls worked for me (it's been a minute. the timing belt broke in my car lol).

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
lol oh my!

Yup I have to manually disconnect then reconnect everytime I get in the car... or... I have to turn BT off, turn the car on, Turn BT on, and then manually connect.

Stitcher quit working too now. Ahh! this is crazy!

With my pre I'd just set it on the touchstone and go. Simple as that. Skip songs and pause worked too.

If ANYONE has an idea that would be great.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I had this same problem with my Sony Stereo. By happenstance, I found that if I have the stereo on bluetooth media, then hit the play button on the stereo it will link to phone for media. The first push links the media; the second starts playing. This has totally fixed my problem.

By the way, it appears to be unique to Sony as my Motorola headset controls work fine. Mine is not a cheap Sony, but they all use the same bluetooth technology. I think it's a quirk with how it links up A2DP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay