Touchscreen going crazy

elwoppo5

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was browsing through the forums and couldn't find this problem so hopefully someone can help. My touchscreen is completely out of wack. I touch an icon at the bottom of the screen and it will select an icon at the top of the screen, when receiving a call it wont let me slide to answer or ignore the call. The phone is not rooted, doesnt have any crazy apps or anything like that. It just started acting up out of nowhere. Tried restarting the phone but still happens. hope someone can help.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
New phone? Just got it? Could be hardware issue. Where did you get it? and how long did you have it for? If you got it though carrier send it back under hardware failure which will be covered by the warranty. Did you drop the phone or something? or sit on it? thinks happen.

elwoppo5

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had the phone for about two months now and it literally just started going crazy. the phone has been well taken care of and never dropped. I got it from the sprint store and I'll be honest this isn't the first problem I have had with this phone.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Then take it back to the local store where you got it from. Normally the folks there technically can not help you as they don't know other than trying to sell you another phone lol but they can however make the RMA process very easy for you so file it under hardware failure and send it for warranty. Like I said things happen could have been defective hardware to begin with, its not rare case its very common as QC is getting worse and worse these days.

Now I am not sure about the remorse period for your carrier and how they handle things but if all fails you can hit the manufacture warranty, which usually they offer for 1year or so.

lionedas

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Do a google search for screen jitters optimus, or android, some people don't get them, some are plagued.

I have had the same issues with 2 of these phones, one was stock, the one I have now has TR 1.5 on it, before I flashed thunderom 1.5 it game me the screen dance, locking up as I scrolled, widgets selecting them selves, screen jittering around issues.

I flashed TR because I could not find a full version of the stock V9 to flash on it, I got lucky TR 1.5 stopped the screen issues but when I thought id try TR 1.6.2 they came back.

Not sure what to tell you, I hope they fix it in gingerbread, but guys in other forums are saying its 2.2 related.

Last edited:

PENOYER

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, to bring up such a old post. I searched for this rather than making a new post to prevent clutter.

Okay, I purchased this phone about 2 months ago brand new direct from sprint. I had it stock for about a good 3 weeks and worked flawlessly no issues and decided to put a rom to enhance performance. But now I noticed from very so often I experience such random behavior from scrolling, jittering, calling out from contacts (the worse), etc... Is there some sort of solution for this abnormal behavior? :-\

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, to bring up such a old post. I searched for this rather than making a new post to prevent clutter.

Okay, I purchased this phone about 2 months ago brand new direct from sprint. I had it stock for about a good 3 weeks and worked flawlessly no issues and decided to put a rom to enhance performance. But know from very so often I experience such random behavior from scrolling, jittering, calling out from contacts (the worse), etc... Is there some sort of solution for this abnormal behavior? :-\

I'm guessing you're on zvh or zvj baseband? The stock kernel on our Gingerbread updates is out of wack and can cause a bug where your screen thinks you pressed twice, or sometimes not at all.

To fix it you can either flash a custom kernel or downgrade to zvd, whichever you prefer.

PENOYER

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing you're on zvh or zvj baseband? The stock kernel on our Gingerbread updates is out of wack and can cause a bug where your screen thinks you pressed twice, or sometimes not at all.

To fix it you can either flash a custom kernel or downgrade to zvd, whichever you prefer.

Actually, my baseband is on ZVD. Is there any specific kernel you would suggest?

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually, my baseband is on ZVD. Is there any specific kernel you would suggest?

Oh, weird. Not sure I've heard of it happening on zvd. Most custom roms will come with a kernel that works best with that rom.

For a good stable rom, try Reborn Rom. If you like tons of customization, try thekraven's CM7. If you want ICS try Quattrimus, but it's in beta and has some bugs.

If the problem persists, you may need to try a factory reset or get a replacement, bc that's definitely not normal on zvd.

Edit: Wait...what rom did you flash? Just remembered you said that, I was assuming you're on stock.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
My wife had the same issue on stock I reflashed it with different rom still but finally I figured it out moisture is the culprit. Because is a capacitative touch small amounts of moisture in the air will make it wonky I treated hers like it was wet pulled battery put it in a very dry place for a day the the problem went away
I know its crazy but give it a go

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Actually the bug has been in LG's kernel for much longer than that.

It causes the CPU to spike at 100% whenever the screen registers a touch event.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually the bug has been in LG's kernel for much longer than that.

It causes the CPU to spike at 100% whenever the screen registers a touch event.

Ah, that figures. I've never had an issue with it on zvd but it was awful whenever I was on zvh and zvj. If I upgrade to either of those and leave it with the stock kernel it starts spazzing out immediately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34