problems with optimus

schfifty5iv

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
okay so heres the situation, i just bought a used optimusS with the intention to get it flashed to cricket. but theres one problem the phone stays stuck on this screen which (see attachment) i'd also like to get my phone rooted. i want to at least be able to play around with the android OS before hand to see what its like as this is my first nicer phone. im new here any help is greatly appreciated

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you allow it to install a Sprint ID? I think you need to in order to proceed. If you use the clean ID you won't get bloatware.

Swyped from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I guess a way around that would be to root with adb and then:
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/ mtdblock5 /system
rm /system/W_Installer.apk
reboot

You can learn about all of that here.
I quoted it because I can't find the code wrap command..

Last edited:

schfifty5iv

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
no i bought the phone off a guy at craigslist. ive only had experiencing jailbreaking ipods which is very simple im kinda at a loss here , i love this phone and would like to get it working

schfifty5iv

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
and i cant install a sprint id because for some stupid yet business smart reason you can only download sprint ids through sprint service , not wi-fi

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Believe me, you are going to want to learn about adb and rooting anyways. Take a look at that link and get things running.

lguser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you use the voice command button on the side you can say " Sprint ID". this will take you to the manager where you can select the lean cID that the phone comes with. This worked for me and the ID screen no longer shows up.

Reactions: mr.longbough

gr8racr

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I may be able to format sd card from cpu but am wiped back to this point also anyway to get past this to sell this phone already have isdn clean and disconnected from sprint done ota update to ls670zvc so far everything else wiped. anyway to get past this screen to verify clean and do a sd card wipe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38