has anyone manage to find a permanent solution to disabling the camera sound?
    02-12-2011 02:09 PM
    Turn on your camera on the left side pull down the menu go to settings and to camera sounds and select no sound
    02-12-2011 02:12 PM
    Turn on your camera on the left side pull down the menu go to settings and to camera sounds and select no sound
    cant access the pull down menu if i open the camera...the lg optimus s is known to not have the "no sound" option...i think
    02-12-2011 02:43 PM
    Go to the market, and download Mobile Hidden Camera, it downloads as Simple Notepad. Stealthy
    02-13-2011 06:09 AM
    Download Estrongs file explorer (free) from market. Give it Root access in settings. navigate to /system/media/audio/ui/ and rename camera_snapshot.ogg to camera_snapshot.ogg.bak and then when you take pics there won't be any shutter sound.
    02-13-2011 01:15 PM
    Download Estrongs file explorer (free) from market. Give it Root access in settings. navigate to /system/media/audio/ui/ and rename camera_snapshot.ogg to camera_snapshot.ogg.bak and then when you take pics there won't be any shutter sound.
    Awesome dude, Also do it to VideoRecord.ogg.
    Thanks
    sblood86 likes this.
    02-13-2011 03:43 PM
    Is there a way to do this via Astro or Superuser?
    05-06-2011 07:04 PM
    My shutter sound goes away if I put the phone on vibrate by turning the ringer volume all the way down. Is that permanent enough?
    05-06-2011 07:22 PM
    My shutter sound goes away if I put the phone on vibrate by turning the ringer volume all the way down. Is that permanent enough?
    the above instructions will permanently remove sound, even if ur phone is off vibrate.
    05-06-2011 08:21 PM
    thank u! Just turned my ringer volume all the way down & annoying camera "shutter click" sound was gone! :-D
    05-07-2011 08:43 AM
    I copied one of the other sounds that was a tiny little "tick" over the original file. This way I still have a sound to know that the shutter went off (useful for the at-arms-length-self-portrait since there's no flash), but isn't as loud and annoying as the original sound. Just a suggestion.
    05-09-2011 02:47 PM
    Will it work if you delete the actual sounds (hold the camera button and delete)

- - - Updated - - -

the above instructions will permanently remove sound, even if ur phone is off vibrate.
    Will it work if you delete the actual sounds (hold the camera button and delete)
    02-01-2014 04:38 AM
    Doe this mean BEFORE you use the app you need to have root access? I've tried this however with no root access it simply says it 'failed'?
    Michael
    06-09-2014 12:08 AM
    Doe this mean BEFORE you use the app you need to have root access? I've tried this however with no root access it simply says it 'failed'?
    Michael
    yes. You can't remount /system writeable without root, and that's the only way it can delete the files.
    06-09-2014 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD