Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default disable Camera sound

has anyone manage to find a permanent solution to disabling the camera sound?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Turn on your camera on the left side pull down the menu go to settings and to camera sounds and select no sound
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by doc_reich View Post
    Turn on your camera on the left side pull down the menu go to settings and to camera sounds and select no sound
    cant access the pull down menu if i open the camera...the lg optimus s is known to not have the "no sound" option...i think

Go to the market, and download Mobile Hidden Camera, it downloads as Simple Notepad. Stealthy

Download Estrongs file explorer (free) from market. Give it Root access in settings. navigate to /system/media/audio/ui/ and rename camera_snapshot.ogg to camera_snapshot.ogg.bak and then when you take pics there won't be any shutter sound.
    Thanked by 3:

ROM
    Cold As Ice

Quote Originally Posted by captmeach7 View Post
    Download Estrongs file explorer (free) from market. Give it Root access in settings. navigate to /system/media/audio/ui/ and rename camera_snapshot.ogg to camera_snapshot.ogg.bak and then when you take pics there won't be any shutter sound.
    Awesome dude, Also do it to VideoRecord.ogg.
    Thanks
    Thanked by:

Is there a way to do this via Astro or Superuser?
    "Connection is what defines us as human beings, and it is through connection that we prove our existence."

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

My shutter sound goes away if I put the phone on vibrate by turning the ringer volume all the way down. Is that permanent enough?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by captmeach7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by outdors21 View Post
    My shutter sound goes away if I put the phone on vibrate by turning the ringer volume all the way down. Is that permanent enough?
    the above instructions will permanently remove sound, even if ur phone is off vibrate.

thank u! Just turned my ringer volume all the way down & annoying camera "shutter click" sound was gone! :-D

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

I copied one of the other sounds that was a tiny little "tick" over the original file. This way I still have a sound to know that the shutter went off (useful for the at-arms-length-self-portrait since there's no flash), but isn't as loud and annoying as the original sound. Just a suggestion.

Question Re: disable Camera sound

Will it work if you delete the actual sounds (hold the camera button and delete)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omarnova View Post
    the above instructions will permanently remove sound, even if ur phone is off vibrate.
    Will it work if you delete the actual sounds (hold the camera button and delete)

Default Re: disable Camera sound

Doe this mean BEFORE you use the app you need to have root access? I've tried this however with no root access it simply says it 'failed'?
    Michael
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

Default Re: disable Camera sound

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Freeman4 View Post
    Doe this mean BEFORE you use the app you need to have root access? I've tried this however with no root access it simply says it 'failed'?
    Michael
    yes. You can't remount /system writeable without root, and that's the only way it can delete the files.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.