Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Optimus S: Phone crashes while charging?

Has anyone else had the issue where you insert the charger before going to bed and wake up to find your phone totally unresponsive? I have to take out the battery in order to turn it back on. is there a crash log that I could look at? this doesn't happen all of the time so it'd be nice to see some kind of log.

ROM
    gROM 2.2 modded

I have had this issue 2 times since I had the phone, but not too much to bother me about it though. Could be because I am overclocking my Optimus... are you using an OC kernel or SetCPU?
    Thanked by:
    exl40 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

no overclocking over here. just Lego w/JIT and hw accel.

ROM
    gROM 2.2 modded

I think the Xionia kernel has OC by default on. Perhaps that's the reason why?

Any more info on this? Because the same thing happened to me and I do not have OC kernel or SetCPU.

ROM
    Rooted Stock 4.0.4

Default Re: Phone crashes while charging?

Have you tried with a different charger/cable? I once accidentally stepped on my connector and heard a snap. There was no damage that I could visually observe, so I kept using it for 2 days. Then my phone acted weird every time it's on charger. Crashing apps, weird Wi-Fi reception, battery levels jumping around, etc.

I switched to one of my spare cables and it's looking fine now.