1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Juice Defender Problems

Hey everyone, I'm new here so I apologize if any of this has been covered already.

Anyway, I'm having some trouble using JuiceDefender Free with my Optimus S. I would really prefer not to have to dump the app because it improves my battery life DRASTICALLY and I don't want to have to change that. But the app seems to randomly turn my data completely off and it won't reset unless I turn the phone off and back on again. And this morning it took 3-4 tries just to get my 3G to work with the app turned on. This seems to happen frequently after coming off the charger and I'm not quite sure what to do. Should I turn JuiceDefender off while charging? I'm running the default profile, btw.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Maybe OC Kernel

Try setting up a custom profile and play with the settings. I haven't run into that issue at all.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Nameles v1

I used to have juice defender but if I manually manage data gps wifi and keep bluetooth off I get better battery life.just get a 3g widget and turn off data when not in use

dump juice defender, and run wifi when possible. disable gps, and enable them as needed.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...tery-life.html

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I have better battery life after dumping Juice Defender. I use Quick Settings and just turn off GPS and data when I am not using them. I keep a short cut to Quick Setting on my home screen and just pull it up as needed. I use Wifi whenever I can as well, and texts and calls still come through with data off. I have gone 48+ hours on my phone without battery problems.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    ThundeRom 1.8.2

I had the same issue with JuiceDefender, sadly, I bought the app, and this newest version (the ui redone) has screwed the 3g stuff for me like what your describing. I took it off, however, before that, if you turn on and off airplane mode, it seemed to clear up the 3g issue (it was either that, or enable/disable 3g but one of those two works to get it back w/o reboot).

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

that used to happen to me and i use to just turn juice defender off until 3g came up then i would turn it back on. I got it to work normally by downloading a different one that was some kind of beta that so far has been working better for me then the normal one.
    Thanked by: