Finally got my optimus! however...

Azaelius

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
hey guys, I have a dilemma.

I had a Samsung Moment for the longest time, got 2.2 on it, was pretty happy, but I lost it night before last. Freaking vanished. Thankfully, Asurion decided to be awesome and use my insurance to get me an LG Optimus S.

I got the phone today (new, not a refurb) and it runs fine. Snappy, great with games, smooth, and I haven't even messed with it yet! However... the screen is f*&#ing with my eyes bad. It's got this very slight green tinge to it, and the contrast and brightness seem way too high when compared to my friends' Optimuses S and V. Colors are washed out, bright stuff blends together, there's 6 dark splotches at the very bottom edge of the screen, and I'm getting a serious headache just looking at it, even on the lowest brightness.

My question is, what do you think the best method would be for me to get a replacement Optimus? There is a Sprint Repair Center near me and I could go there and hopefully get a properly screened one tomorrow, but I have no idea how that works, or how much of a pain it will be. Or, I can call Asurion again and have them send me another and wait longer, again not even knowing if they'll do it or not or how difficult they'll make it.

tl;dr

I have a brand new Optimus S from Asurion (replacing lost Moment) with a screwed up screen, how should I go about getting it replaced without monetary cost to me? Through Asurion (again) or a Sprint Repair Center Store? Exactly how in your opinion?

Thanks folks! I really appreciate all the work you guys are doing, and can't wait to get started messing with a lovely working Optimus, thanks to all of you.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Not familiar with Asurion, but I would start with them since they provided the phone. Just call 'em up and say that you appreciate their help getting a replacement, but the replacement has a problem with the screen and ask if they can provide a replacement replacement, or if you will need to go through the manufacturer's warranty or Sprint service center. I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction. This is one of those situations that calling the provider of the service will net you a lot more accurate information and quicker, than getting random opinions from teh interwebz...

Azaelius

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I just didn't want to sit on a phone for 2 hours, I absolutely loathe being on hold, so I wanted to know if anyone else had gone through a similar situation before.

I decided to call asurion anyways, and after a 15 minute phone call, they've just sent me a brand new phone at no cost, and I get to keep the old battery as a backup! Bam. I will be calling them directly from henceforth if I have problems, and I advise others with Asurion insurance to do the same. Great service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol