Sprint Premiere Changes

steindog99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My apologies if this is common knowledge already, but I wasn't sure so I did some research today.

The Sprint Premiere plans are changing as of April 1, and I was worried that I might lose my upgrade that I have on my main line. I was at Best Buy, so I decided to ask. They looked up my account while on the phone with Sprint, and Sprint said that my upgrade would still be good (ie. not expire April 1), but after I use it, I will no longer get the upgrade every year.

I wanted to make sure this was not an isolated incident, so on my way home, I called Sprint CS and was told the same thing. I am even more excited for CTIA now!!!

Hope this helps anyone who had doubts about losing their upgrades...

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My apologies if this is common knowledge already, but I wasn't sure so I did some research today.

The Sprint Premiere plans are changing as of April 1, and I was worried that I might lose my upgrade that I have on my main line. I was at Best Buy, so I decided to ask. They looked up my account while on the phone with Sprint, and Sprint said that my upgrade would still be good (ie. not expire April 1), but after I use it, I will no longer get the upgrade every year.

I wanted to make sure this was not an isolated incident, so on my way home, I called Sprint CS and was told the same thing. I am even more excited for CTIA now!!!

Hope this helps anyone who had doubts about losing their upgrades...
Well, you have what Sprint tells you over the phone and what Sprint gives you in writing. You can choose which one to believe:

Sprint Premier Gold and Silver | FAQ
Effective 4/1/11:
?Sprint Premier Gold accounts will continue to receive the annual upgrade benefit based on maintaining a 3-month average of $89.99* for individual plans or $169.99 for shared plans, or for 10+ years service. Gold accounts will receive one annual upgrade per qualifying plan.
?Sprint Premier Silver accounts:
■If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 22 months from the last upgrade, there is no impact. The line would continue to be eligible for an upgrade under Sprint's New For You upgrade program, which allows eligible customers to upgrade every 22 months.
If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 12-21 months from the last upgrade, the upgrade must be used by March, 31, 2011. Otherwise, effective April 1, 2011, the upgrade eligibility on that line will be changed to 22 months.
■If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is less than 12 months from the last upgrade, their upgrade eligibility will be changed to 22 months.
■To check your upgrade eligibility go to Sprint - Define Region

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like there's less reason for me to remain a premier customer...

Agreed. I fall in the 13-21 month range, which if I'm to believe what Sprint wrote, will mean I lose my upgrade if I don't use it by April 1st. I specifically purchased my Optimus S off-contract full price to replace my Moment instead of using my 12 month premier upgrade so that I could keep my upgrade for a more expensive phone if one came out that I liked. Now I'm looking at the Nexus S 4g, but that won't be out by April 1st. By the time it's out, I will have lost my upgrade (again, assuming the quoted Sprint text is correct).

Oh well...I love the Optimus S, so this is just a reason to stick with it for the long haul.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Use the upgrade on a phone on March 31st and pray like heck the Nexus S comes out within 30 days of you using that upgrade. Remember, you can switch phones 1 time within 30 days. As long as the Nexus drops by April 30th you should be good to go.

I actually upgraded my plan to the 89.99 plan for just to save my gold status.

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Use the upgrade on a phone on March 31st and pray like heck the Nexus S comes out within 30 days of you using that upgrade. Remember, you can switch phones 1 time within 30 days. As long as the Nexus drops by April 30th you should be good to go.

There is a $35 restocking fee. I've been about to talk my way out if it before, though.

Sounds like there's less reason for me to remain a premier customer...
Quoted for truth. This was the straw that broke the camel's back after the "premium data" charge bs. I'm letting my contract run up and switching to verizon.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

steindog99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Since all the discussion, and me being a huge skeptic, I've called Sprint several times, as well as went into the local corporate store. The store told me I would be losing it as of 4/1, and about 75% of the online CS reps told me I would get to keep it. So I am going to do the most logical thing possible...get an HTC Evo Shift on 3/31, and hope I can magically turn it into a Nexus S within 30 days.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Since all the discussion, and me being a huge skeptic, I've called Sprint several times, as well as went into the local corporate store. The store told me I would be losing it as of 4/1, and about 75% of the online CS reps told me I would get to keep it. So I am going to do the most logical thing possible...get an HTC Evo Shift on 3/31, and hope I can magically turn it into a Nexus S within 30 days.

Win win .... the shift is a great phone. The nexus S is a great phone. You're really not losing anything unless you let the upgrade pass by without using it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams