wire headset line control problem

jimatssf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I hope this problem can be fixed.
my optimus S line control doesn't work. It means, if I want to pick up a call, disconnect a call, pause music, play next music,,,, I have to use the screen. the headset line control button doesn't work at all.

I have tried two headsets. One is my original blackberry phone, one is from palm pre. Both of them worked on their own phone and interchangable. No, they don't work on Optimus S.

I have tried app from Market called "headset button control". and i turn the play beep sound on. well, I can only hear the beep sound, but there is NO action for the phone, either I pick up a call or play music.

Anybody can help?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Only me have this problem or is it too simple to talk?

Hey Jimatssf,

Welcome to the forums! Tons of good info and helpful people around here. Some things to make a note of are
1) It's sunday, you posted this in the morning. Some people relax on Sundays as well as attend church and family functions which means forums are typically a little slower on Sundays.
2) You only posted this a couple of hours ago. Forum etiquette (you can find the guidelines in my signature) says 1 bump in 24 hours. That means you post, and if nobody has answered in 24 hours, bump it.
Bumping - Bumping a thread means to post an innocuous reply to a thread in order to "bump" it to the top of a forum. Excessive bumping is not tolerated, and is limited to once per 24 hour period.
3) Lot's of people have blazed lot's of trails with this phone and they leave behind their info. Typically a search will turn up some kind of information. An example of this is, based on your question i search for "wired headset" and turned up http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/67200-wired-heaset-mute-fix.html

While the link i posted is regarding the mute button, I'd venture a guess similar actions would need to be taken for other headset functions.

Again, welcome to the forums. Hope the link helps.

jimatssf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
KSmithInNY,
thank you for your response.

Sorry for the bumping. I did search before I posted my issue. It seemed that it's only my optimus has this problem since no one else is talking about it. Well, as you know, I am new. Not ready to root a phone.

All in all, life is like a rape, if that is the reality, I can't fight against it, just enjoy it. :)

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
The blackberry headset doesn't work properly unless you map keys over. I think the keymap was 113 at anyrate I mapped the voice button on the right hand side to the mute function and use that instead.

jimatssf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
my problem solved.
today I went to a shopping mall and checked sprint store. I happened to have my headset with me. I then plugged it into the show phone on their decks. And found out the phone worked fine with my headset. So It is not my headset but the phone had problem.

I then asked them to check this for me. Their first check was: blackberry headset won't work. you need to buy a new head set. No matter how I explained this to them, they just keep saying so. So, I said: ok, I buy a new headset from you, but you need to prove it works otherwise I won't pay.

The CSR happily picked a new headset and found out it didn't work on my phone either. This time, they agreed to check my phone. They said: came back in an hour.

After one hour, I came back, the phone was fine. what they did was a hard reset with new software. (I don't know what software) unfortunately, all my applications were gone. I was sad and happy. If they could at least write down my app list, I could recover them sooner.

anyway, I spent the left of my day to re install all my apps and now got chance to tell my story here.

If you have similar problem, go find a sprint store. they should help you on this. but prepared to re install your app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana