Phone clicks the screen on its own randomly.

maru2001

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a issue where I have my phone sitting while playing audio from it and all of a sudden things are getting clicked on over and over again until I touch the screen. It used to only do it while charging but now it does it no matter what im doing on it. I have even taken it out of my pocket with it dialing 7 over and over, I held it in my hand and seen the number 7 being pressed.

Also I have had a lot of issues where I tap on one spot and a totally different spot shows being tapped.

Do I have a bad screen? I am running Thundrom but I have had this issue with all the Thundrom versions I have used. I have yet to try it with stock. I am so ready to take it into sprint.

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue, on stock and ThundeROM. I always assumeded it was the reason they were giving this phone for free for a while. If it's not normal, I'll be right there with you on the line at Sprint.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

farfromuman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I have seen it happen while on the charger, things get deleted or moved around the homescreen. Last time it started the phone app and was dialing random numbers.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

maru2001

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Good to know im not alone. I forgot to mention that my wifes don't have this issue. Which is what made me think it wasn't normal.

maru2001

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes I do and so does my wife. We both have the same brand protectors, came in the same package even. I wish it was that simple to fix, I hate dealing with service centers especially when I know I will get a refurb.

glitchsta

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Got mine for free from best buy I have a cheap screen protector from ebay no problems here, my guess is faulty hardware...

Sent from my rooted LG Optimus S running CM7

Queueyou

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem, and don't use a screen protector (shoot me, I know)... But, I have only seen this occur when it was charging on either a 1a charge cord, or plugged to my computer for charging. I have never seen it in any other situation, and... I haven't seen it at all since I upgraded to VD...

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I see it from time to time on my device with a screen protector, while it's charging.

I usually fix it by just turning the screen off and on. Not to much of a major annoyance so I haven't really bothered with it.

Ashley Mabus

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the problem when its not on the charger and without the screen protector.
I couldn't even type this I had to use the speaker to text function its that bad.
Usually restarting it fixes it but this time that hasn't happened it just made it slightly not as bad.
I'm just sitting here staring at my phone saying I didn't click that when trying to use appsPLEASE HELP

Zak Rolfe

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Mine just did this, got worried as I though it could be some hacker controlling my phone. I do have a screen protector for I'm pretty sure it's not that

eurospoofer

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this on my one plus also. Only when its on charge and only certain chargers. Interestingly, those chargers get very warm when I use them on my phone, yet one in particular is at least 3 Amp.

My guess is some chargers don't provide a stable enough current which seems to be causing unstable signals on the screen grid, causing the phantom clicks.

Worth trying a few different chargers if you experience it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy