Not enough available memory???

McFly121

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
If any of you have the Gas buddy app installed try removing that. My wife has an Optimus S and she was having the low memory issue and she tried using apps2sd and that didnt help. So she started to remove apps she didnt use much and still had the problem. The second she removed the gas buddy app the problem went away. So she tested by reinstalling and the issue came right back. Hope this helps.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I just did this and went from 69mb to 101mb free!
I used root explore to move the dalvik-cache to /cache
I got this from this post in the forums.

Member Nick7
Device(s): LG crOptimus S
ROM/Kernel: Nameless ROM Location: Chicago
Activity:

[MOD] Move dalvik-cache to /cache STOCK ROM ONLY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**THIS WELL ONLY HELP YOU IF YOU ARE ON A STOCK ROM. **
**THIS OVERWRITES ANY KERNEL YOU HAVE.**

Dalvik-cache to /cache mod frees up some space on the data partition for more applications. I bumped from 120mb free to around 160 mb free.

After having a bunch of trouble using pre-made scripts posted around different forums, I decided to try a different method and edited the init.rc in boot.img.

Anyways, flash this zip in Recovery. After the first boot is complete, reboot into recovery and clear dalvik cache. Now you should have some extra space to work with.

v2: better method, proper kernel lol..

Last edited:

JMusic

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I'm puzzled and perplexed and a little frustrated...

I've done this:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...d-move-dalvik-cache-cache-stock-rom-only.html

And this:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...d-move-dalvik-cache-free-up-40-60-m-data.html

(Both ways, manual pulling my boot img and extracting and modifying init.rc, then flashing it back, and a semi-desperate attempt to flash the zip even though it is made for an Optimus V)

And nothing works. /data/dalvik-cache is still there and taking up a bunch of space, /cache is still mostly empty. I can't even wipe dalvik-cache from recovery because I always get an error message that it can't mount (I get this on my Epic too, so I don't think it's an uncommon problem).

Why can't I move my dalvik-cache?!?

firedroidguy

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok yesterday my wifes Optimus started giving low memory and text full errors. I checked her text messages and she only has 1100 of them, has anyone else gotten text full errors??

uamadman

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Text Messages can easily consume 40-50 megs once you get over 1000txts + 25 photos. The fact is the Optimus really doesn't have that much to begin with. I'm running Scott Pilgrim and a fresh install still only gets me 165 megs to work with.

The things i do that help.
A ROM that has been optimised to use less space.
Setting the amount of messages you have saved to automatically delete after 150 per thread or less.
Save photos to your sdcard and delete the text with the photo in it
(I dont do this )Setting up a SDext so your phone uses part of your sd card as actual on board memory instead of just storage (Beware shorter sdcard lifespans)
Only install the apps you need. (Delete the clutter)
Go into Applications open up apps and delete there caches <--- be careful here.

xscraper

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I am frustrated with this too.. And today I just discovered a new memory hog that totally messed me up.. Youtube app.. I was bored so I want to watch a pretty long video on youtube and it I switched to HQ. now right before I did this I had 22 mb of storage.. once I started watching it.. (which I didn't finish) I got the low storage error. when I looked I had 11 mb left.. And nothing I could do would pull it over 16 I moved almost everything I could to the SD card using Titanium. I deleted almost all my texts.. Signed out of facebook (which you don't need to delete the app just sign out now and then and it frees up 2 to 3 mb each time) I cleared the cache, i finally had to delete a couple apps I use to just to get it back.. It seems like with this phone some apps when run it keeps data somewhere and it wrecks the internal storage.. any Ideas? It had to be the Youtube video. I have no idea where it would store the video. I cleaned the cache for the app and nothing.. I love this phone but this really makes me want to throw against the wall

I am rooted obviously.. and I was thinking of flashing a custom rom.. two problems I want an ultra stable one that works the same as stock and that stock apps will work on. as well as no bugs any recommendations?
two I know how to flash a rom, my issue is how to get the custom recovery installed.. I have everything I need downloaded just have no idea how to get it on the phone. so any help to point me in the right direction will be appreciated

Thanks

Jenn Siler

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus Zip. It was purchased at Walmart for Straight Talk. A lot of people complain about the storage on this phone. The internal storage fluctuates on my phone from 18 mb to 50mb. I read on line in order for the Android OS to work you need at least 25 mb. I have a huge 32 gb sd card but, unfortunately everything that I can possibly move from the Managing Apps screen has been moved to my SD card. The only thing that remains that daily sucks up 30 mb is Facebook. What I do in order to save storage is I click on CLEAR DATA on the facebook app. This will cause you to loose your log in and your automatic updates. OH WELL. When you have free time and you want to browse Facebook then use it but, when you are needing a phone clear it out. This is the only way I have found that gives me the most storage. You should also check all the other apps as well for data that you can clear too but, I can guarantee Facebook is sucking up the most. By the way keep deleting texts daily, 1100 is way too much. Also keep deleting the call log too!

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus Zip. It was purchased at Walmart for Straight Talk. A lot of people complain about the storage on this phone. The internal storage fluctuates on my phone from 18 mb to 50mb. I read on line in order for the Android OS to work you need at least 25 mb. I have a huge 32 gb sd card but, unfortunately everything that I can possibly move from the Managing Apps screen has been moved to my SD card. The only thing that remains that daily sucks up 30 mb is Facebook. What I do in order to save storage is I click on CLEAR DATA on the facebook app. This will cause you to loose your log in and your automatic updates. OH WELL. When you have free time and you want to browse Facebook then use it but, when you are needing a phone clear it out. This is the only way I have found that gives me the most storage. You should also check all the other apps as well for data that you can clear too but, I can guarantee Facebook is sucking up the most. By the way keep deleting texts daily, 1100 is way too much. Also keep deleting the call log too!

You could always do the mod to create a partition on sd card and use that as internal storage, I put a 1Gb partition on mine Optimus S.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2