Battery life now horrendous, how to tell which app is killing it

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Lately I've installed some apps from the amazon store. Mostly the free premium apps, Soundhound Infinity, Fruit Ninja, Talking tomcat (which my daughter loves), 3g watchdog, Dropbox, and Weatherbug Elite.

Normally I'll charge it fully atnight, take my phone off at 5:30 am and it would be down to 30% by the time I went to bed later that evening (10pm). This is based on moderate usage. 16 hours to 70% drain.

This morning I took the phone off charge at 5:30 and here it is 10:05am and my phone is down to 37% battery!!! Basically 4.5 hours for 63% drain.

How can I determine which app/apps is draining the battery?

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Lately I've installed some apps from the amazon store. Mostly the free premium apps, Soundhound Infinity, Fruit Ninja, Talking tomcat (which my daughter loves), 3g watchdog, Dropbox, and Weatherbug Elite.

Normally I'll charge it fully atnight, take my phone off at 5:30 am and it would be down to 30% by the time I went to bed later that evening (10pm). This is based on moderate usage. 16 hours to 70% drain.

This morning I took the phone off charge at 5:30 and here it is 10:05am and my phone is down to 37% battery!!! Basically 4.5 hours for 63% drain.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Also Spare Parts works quite well. Just navigate to CPU usage and see what has been using the CPU. But yeah that link is your absolute best option for solving battery issues.

kpfeiffer

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site

Don't know if this helps, but I noticed the EXACT same thing after I d/led Fruit Ninja when it was free. I deleted it (still have it available to me in My Apps in the Amazon Appstore) and my battery life was better.

I would try removing one app at a time to see if it's better...probably starting with the Amazon d/led apps.

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this helps, but I noticed the EXACT same thing after I d/led Fruit Ninja when it was free. I deleted it (still have it available to me in My Apps in the Amazon Appstore) and my battery life was better.

I would try removing one app at a time to see if it's better...probably starting with the Amazon d/led apps.

I removed fruit ninja and it did seem to help a lot. Not back to 100%, but with the new apps I expected that.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
wagville, are you using the stock android OS, or a ROM? What apps have you downloaded close to the time of when it started?

the easiest way would be to, if it is rooted, have it hooked up to adb when the system reboots itself...

but its hard for us to just point fingers and say it was an app, if we have barely any data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon