Update in the "OMG I dropped my phone in the shower" thread

MonsteRoid

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So I will be happy to tell you all that my phone seems to be back up and operational. I used a lot of the tips yall gave me.

-I took all the parts separately

-Dried them all

-Didn't put the battery back

-Did not turn it on

-AND put the phone and battery with the back cover off in a zip lock baggy with brown rice over night, in a cool place

And so far things seem to be working *cross fingers*. The actual back metal part was slightly ajar but I was able to snap it back down. (near where the usb port is)

The battery still has the reddish strip but it seems to be holding a charge, for now. I actually took it to sprint, just to double check if everything ran well. Of course I didn't tell him I wet it, I just lied and said it fell in the parking lot and I lost the battery. He checked it all out and said it was ok.

But get this, he was going over my phone and he saw the Advanced Task Killer and was right away "you know you should take this off right away, it'll destroy your phone and let in viruses and screw up the OS and void your warranty" etc...

As if dropping it in the shower with the water on wasn't going to do that already. lol

:cool:

So thanks for all your help AC community, you guys always come through and are generally the best group around. :D

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Consider yourself lucky lol.

Advanced task killer to my knowledge wont void your warranty. It can let in a virus I suppose by killer your antivirus but it wont directly give you a virus and you'll still need to install something with a virus.

Why didn't you post this in your original thread?

psaurus81

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, Advanced Task Killer isn't recommended because it kills your battery and doesn't actually make anything work better but it definitely won't open any back doors for viruses to get into your phone.

I'm glad it's working again! :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
But get this, he was going over my phone and he saw the Advanced Task Killer and was right away "you know you should take this off right away, it'll destroy your phone and let in viruses and screw up the OS and void your warranty" etc...

congrats on the save
lol well he half knew what he was talking about, thats better than most that recommend using it lol

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You play with your phone in the shower, and use a task killer? -__-

There are countless fourms all over the internet about this. You should read them, because who knows what else your doing

Swyped from my Gingerbread'ed Optimus S

Ivy547

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So you guys don't recommend task killers? What should I use then? My battery drains like crazy if I don't use one. And some apps (like stock music player) will keep opening up until I kill them.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I like juice defender. It usually doubles my battery life and I use my phone a lot. Yesterday I went from 8am to midnight with 60 percent left with minimal usage. Good usage will last me the day usually.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
If you are running android 2.2 or higher, task killers do not work properly. The way the android system runs you do not need to kill apps. They will just restart again and again and that is what drains your battery. It takes more power to start a app then to just let it run in the backround. What you should get is not a task killer but a app to moniter your apps and cpu usage. Like System Panel. With that you can moniter your phone and see what is using power. There is a good article someone wrote about it in the fourm somewhere. Once i got 2.2, i uninstalled my task killer app and got System Panel, I love it, I know exactly what is using what power! Since i got this i can take my phone off the charger at work friday around 3pm and Sunday around 3pm I still have about 60% batttery life left!

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The background apps are not running necessarily. They are stored in the free ram so you can open them quickly. Apps listed as foreground active or service are the ones actually running. Please see the task killer sticky in the forums for a more detailed description.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If you are running android 2.2 or higher, task killers do not work properly. The way the android system runs you do not need to kill apps. They will just restart again and again and that is what drains your battery. It takes more power to start a app then to just let it run in the backround. What you should get is not a task killer but a app to moniter your apps and cpu usage. Like System Panel. With that you can moniter your phone and see what is using power. There is a good article someone wrote about it in the fourm somewhere. Once i got 2.2, i uninstalled my task killer app and got System Panel, I love it, I know exactly what is using what power! Since i got this i can take my phone off the charger at work friday around 3pm and Sunday around 3pm I still have about 60% batttery life left!

I just made a desktop shortcut for "running services" and I didnt have to pay for it nor us it a 3rd party app taking up space.

mysic apps like to stay open so I force close them and thats it. The apps that reappear are not supposed to be force closed (voicemail,messing, keyborad)

Save you battery and listen to the great minds at ac (including me)

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If there is a app running that shouldnt be runnin then maybe that should be removed. :)
PS get better apps

Music apps always run in backround if you pressed play, even when you pause they are still running. Which is why i force close.

Now they dont open automagicly, just when I open them.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01