Phone screen goes black during call

zack822

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys over the past few days when I take a call my screen goes black like normal. But then it wont come back on. I have to pull the battery to get it back. I have a rooted phone with thunder rom. Not oc'd.. can anyone help me

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

64fairlane

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I will reflash thunderrom over top. Wilk this change anything on my phone

If you are wondering if you will lose your data and setting, the answer is no.

Always do a nandroid backup first, just in case.

MariaB02

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Cant someone please explain how to do the flash thing? I cant take this screen problem much longer. I have never heard of this dirty flash and have no idea how it works or what it is. Please help!! Thank you!!

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Cant someone please explain how to do the flash thing? I cant take this screen problem much longer. I have never heard of this dirty flash and have no idea how it works or what it is. Please help!! Thank you!!

Have you flashed a ROM before, or are you completely stock?

Dirty Flash just means "flash without clearing data or cache". So to do a dirty flash, just reboot into recovery and flash the SAME ROM that's already on your phone...don't clear data or cache or dalvik beforehand.

If you are running a stock phone still, I'm not sure how to help you...

MariaB02

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
No I have not flashed a ROM before. Im not sure what it means. I have no idea if my phone is stock or not. How do I find out? How do I reboot into recovery? Im sorry for asking all these questions. I really dont wanna take my phone into a store because the people at the store here in Florida arent very nice and told me that if they didnt see my phone messing up that they couldnt warranty it or it would come out of their paycheck. Please help. Thank you!!

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Oh, If you don't know what those terms mean, it's no wonder you're confused.

Some people like to install custom ROMs on their phone. A ROM is like an operating system. Like if you wanted to use something other than Microsoft Windows, (Apple Mac OS, or some type of Linux, etc.) on your computer. To install a different ROM from the ROM that came with your phone, you need to "Root", install a "Custom Recovery", then "Flash the ROM". There are instructions for all of this in the "Rooting, Hacks and ROMs" subforum here on androidcentral, but honestly, if you don't want to screw with it, don't.

You have a phone you've never messed with, and it's not working right. Take it back in and demand they fix it.

bfire

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem after installing a new screen protector. Removed the screen protector from the proximity sensor and viola, the phone started working again properly. So in other words, don't cover the proximity sensor with a screen protector. My sensor was in, between camera lens and the speaker, barely visible

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante