Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting/Roming after updating?

I haven't updated because I heard it was harder to root/rom when it first came out but are the great minds on this site past that now? I'm wanting to add a custom Rom to my phone and don't know if I need to update the firmware or not. Thanks for the help guys.

what Radio Version are you running? V9,VC, ??

if it is V9 there is z4root, if VC there is a tedious way not too bad it is in the http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...ng-roms-hacks/ section, even the VD is now pretty easy that link is http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...works-too.html

That last one seems to be the rooting standard as of now.
    Resident Linux Fiend

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

and if you dont know how to check

Menu>Settings>About Phone...

LS670V(insert 9, c, d here)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by FourAces View Post
    what Radio Version are you running? V9,VC, ??
    Hey guys, the build number is ZVC, SW Version is LS670ZVC.

So would you recommend not updating it if looking to get into these custom roms? Also which Rom out there do you guys like best at present.

Quote Originally Posted by jhammons10 View Post
    I haven't updated because I heard it was harder to root/rom when it first came out but are the great minds on this site past that now? I'm wanting to add a custom Rom to my phone and don't know if I need to update the firmware or not. Thanks for the help guys.
    I wouldnt
    Resident Linux Fiend

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

The ROMs are all based on preference, I've tried a few but have gotten stuck to Zefie's CM7 (Scott Pilgrim) build... gingerbread

And as for rooting and romming, that is seriously up to you, do you want to take some free time to customize your phone? The end result is nice, bricking the phone is a lot harder than it seems, and its really not too difficult, just need to get all your chickens in the same basket first, ya know?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I definitely want to and WILL root and rom, my main question is "to take the update from sprint, or not to take the update."

In the rooting forum the VD version seems to have the most activity and people there to help/answer questions. I'm assuming if I take the update I will be in VD not VC any longer.
    Resident Linux Fiend

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Correct, even if you update, to root you will need to downgrade to v9 regardless....

Basically, it wont hurt

Swyped from my g-breaded optimus prime.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

It looks like im going to update because rooting VD has the most extensive support and followers right now. The instructions for VD look very straightforward and I can't find anything like that for VD. If I run into a hiccup it looks like I will have my answer answered more quickly.