Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to enable hardware acceleration?

    Hello everyone. I'm rooted and I'd like to know if its possible to enable hardware acceleration.
  2. #2  
    uberjam545's Avatar

    Posts
    323 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flonkas View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm rooted and I'd like to know if its possible to enable hardware acceleration.
    Are you on stock ROM? if so I think that hardware acceleration is enabled by default since VD was released (I might be thinking of JIT though) otherwise i dont think you can change it but if your running nameless ROM theres directions on how to do it using terminal emulator in the first or second post. If your running any other custom ROM its enabled by default (unless you disabled it)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uberjam545 View Post
    Are you on stock ROM? if so I think that hardware acceleration is enabled by default since VD was released (I might be thinking of JIT though) otherwise i dont think you can change it but if your running nameless ROM theres directions on how to do it using terminal emulator in the first or second post. If your running any other custom ROM its enabled by default (unless you disabled it)
    I'm using elfies cm7.

    I know its disabled because there are games that I can't get because they require hardware acceleration.

    I think I found an app that toggles this but I can't figure it out.

    The app is called blade buddy, if you could check it out that would be great.
  4. #4  
    nikc4's Avatar

    Posts
    144 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flonkas View Post
    I'm using elfies cm7.

    I know its disabled because there are games that I can't get because they require hardware acceleration.
    I'm pretty positive that HW accel is enabled in zefie's cm7 by default, because it says so in the build prop (debug.sf.hw=1). What games are you referring to?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikc4 View Post
    I'm pretty positive that HW accel is enabled in zefie's cm7 by default, because it says so in the build prop (debug.sf.hw=1). What games are you referring to?
    Jetcar stunts, Dillo hills.
  6. #6  
    nikc4's Avatar

    Posts
    144 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flonkas View Post
    Jetcar stunts, Dillo hills.
    Dillo Hills requires adobe air, that's why it isn't working on our phones. That's also the same reason for android Firefox and many other arm7 apps not workingon our device. We have arm6. That's not a hardware acceleration issue, that's a hardware incompatibility issue. Without getting an entirely new processor and rewriting your phone's framework/firmware/etc. to work with it, you can't fix that. Jetcar stunts isn't supported by our device, and it doesn't show up on the market for that reason. As to why it isn't supported, I don't know, it doesn't mention flash or air, but it might be restricted to only work with higher end phones, similar to n64oid. N64oid is written to not work with arm6 simply because they are usually lower end, wouldn't run as fast, and the dev didn't want bad reviews because people have old phones.

    Good luck.

Posting Permissions

B