The Best Android Phones

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
LG Optimus S (Sprint)

The Optimus S is the best budget Android phone on Sprint, a well-tuned, feature-packed touch-screen slab with all of the functionality most consumers and small business users need.

-------------------- -------------------- --------------------

And to think, I was tired of having it replaced with refurbs. It really is a marvel when it?s acting marvelous, and it?s nice to see I?m not the only one that thinks so.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When I first got it the SD card issues and occasional random reboots bothered me, but now that it's updated all of that has gone away and the phone works great, I got it free with the 2 yr upgrade and it's an amazing phone :)

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
HTC EVO 4G is probably a better buy on Sprint.

I?m sure it is a better phone, but what the Optimus delivers for its price can?t be beat. 100 quality points for $200 can?t beat 25 quality points for $0. It?s like comparing a 40K Lexus to a free Yugo -- they both get you to the store. But as soon as I get to drive the Lexus...

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
@ anotherandroidgeek, I agree, the phone came short on memory, but I'm rooted, running cyanogenmod 7, and I got 165 MB of internal memory. I got 2 buddies with evos and niether of them have more internal memory than me. I could be wrong but the only things an evolution has that my rooted optimus s doesn't is a flash player, flash camera and a bigger screen. I wouldn't even say its faster because of overclocking. Sorry but evo owners tend to be a little snobby like its the Bentley of phones, If it is than my rooted optimus s is a Lexus lol

apinkel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Here are the great things about the optimus S:
-Excellent battery life (unless you are in a low signal area)
-Feels really nice in hand, solid, durable with physical buttons that have an excellent feel to them
-Good, no nonsense camera and camcorder
-Surprisingly snappy given it's modest specs

For me this phone was a no brainer because I got it for free and before the premium data fee went into effect for all smartphones... it saved me $500 over a 2 year contract over the Evo/Epic.

If I was buying now, I'd buy the Evo 4G or Nexus S (or bettery yet, I'd wait a couple weeks for the Evo 3D). But if I were to buy a phone for someone who isn't a phone freak like I am I would probably suggest the optimus S because of how stable, durable, pocketable and usable the phone is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21