Alternative launcher apps

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
So I am using launcher pro currently and mostly like it. My only real issue is that I wish that when I press the home button, it would also recenter the dock aswell. I guess I am lazy or something, but I think it should.

My home screen is what I use just for standard use apps such as mail apps navigation and banking. That is maybe why I wish the dock would bounce back to so I would always have my dialer right there ect.

Any one know of an alternative that would accomplish this or a way to get launcher pro to do it?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Launcher Pro Preferences: Behavior Settings: check on Home key to default screen. Also select Do Nothing in Home key action. In my case, hitting home once takes me to the homescreen I just came from; hitting it again takes me back to the default home. There’s a menu somewhere to choose which is the default home. Anyway, this will get you there not with one press, but two. There’s probably a better way, but I find LP prefs somewhat disorganized, not that I could do better.

On the dock, I have Homescreen: previous screen (left) and next screen (right), just like the stock Optimus had. I get this feeling the hardware buttons will not last forever so avoid them when possible.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, maybe my terminology may be off. But I by the dock I mean the bit on the bottom with the dialer, contacts, app drawer, messanger, and search which slides left and right to more possible apps/contacts. That is what I wish would recenter to the "home screen" of those 5 apps when I hit the home button, as well of course the actual home screen.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I use ADW ex with one screen, main dock with phone, messaging, browser and two quick dials, and then use the hidden dock for the rest of my other favorite apps....simple swipe up swaps the docks. If you use more than one screen, the main dock or hidden will stay depending on which you are currently using. Love it!:)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22