Windows Mobile

BarneyInc

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So, I have an LG Optimus S rooted with gingerbreak (only my 2nd android phone) and Ive been desperately trying for the past few months to find a music subscription service for my phone thats comparable with my Zune Pass that Ive been using for the past 4 years. Long story short, I havent found one yet. Im unable to play any of my songs on my phone due to the stupid DRM protection. So my questions is, is there any way for me to install a mobile version of windows on my phone that I can use to dual boot? I know it cant be done with WP7 but, I was thinking maybe 6.1 or 6.5 might work. I really just need it for the Windows Media Player functions that will let me play my Zune music. Ive scoured the net for the past 4 hours and I havent come up with anything yet so im hoping someone on here has an idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
So, I have an LG Optimus S rooted with gingerbreak (only my 2nd android phone) and Ive been desperately trying for the past few months to find a music subscription service for my phone thats comparable with my Zune Pass that Ive been using for the past 4 years. Long story short, I havent found one yet. Im unable to play any of my songs on my phone due to the stupid DRM protection. So my questions is, is there any way for me to install a mobile version of windows on my phone that I can use to dual boot? I know it cant be done with WP7 but, I was thinking maybe 6.1 or 6.5 might work. I really just need it for the Windows Media Player functions that will let me play my Zune music. Ive scoured the net for the past 4 hours and I havent come up with anything yet so im hoping someone on here has an idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I don't believe there is a way to dualboot to a secondary OS, having said that there is a WP7 Port currently in progress that might be what you are looking for.

WP7Android

The player app by itself is marked for closed beta currently, but it's something to look into anyway.

Edit: There is a donate version listed in the market, not having tested it myself I don't know how stable it is or if it even runs on the Optimus line, would probably mail the devs before buying.

WP7Player - market link

Edit 2: More investigation makes me think this is a theme only, sorry for getting any hopes up :D

Last edited:

BarneyInc

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. I had previously tried the WP7 ZPlayer and as beautiful as it is, it is only a theme. Still an awesome player though. I know that there are numerous apps out there that would allow me to download music for free but, Im really not a fan of that. Ive had my Zune for so long that I dont think I can go back to random bit rates and misspelled songs and artists. I know there are a couple people that have the Droid X and have been able to sync there phones with Windows Media Player and play the DRM protected songs on their phones so, maybe in the future someone will be able to make this feature available to all android phones. For now though, it looks like Ill still be stretching out my pockets and carrying around my Zune and phone.

Edit: FYI - Biggest reason I dont want to switch to a different subscription service or a free music downloading service is because I have over 1400 songs with my Zune Marketplace and I really really really dont want to re-download all of them lol.

clarkpd24

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried mspot? Its a cloud service where you can can upload your music and stream it on 2 devices (computer/android). Free in the market.

uamadman

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried the Winamp app?
What if you rooted your phone will that by-pass the restrictions?

Where is the disconnect in this process? Can you get the files onto your android? or will they simply not play?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz