Optimus GB update

thecaptian12975

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok heres the deal i got this phone mainly because i couldn't afford anything else (broke college kid). I really wanted an android phone, with my only other free option being the sanyo thingy i chose this phone. So i get online after getting the opti and i see there is a possible GB official update. I got excited but at this point i am just annoyed at the fact that there is still no real word on it. So i was wondering if this was just rumors or if it is real, and if it is then is everyone else as agitated as i am with this.......

I guess disregard most of this post i kinda haven't had sleep lol there is definitely another post on this. i am just very rattled at the moment over this.

Last edited:

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
You have two options, move to Italy where they have just released it for the S or you can wait a couple more months with us. Really no big thrill GB now if you can get the mods by other means. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are already using CM7 then why worry about an update? It's the same thing except CM7 greatly improves upon the OS with all the features baked into it and bloatware removed.

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If you are already using CM7 then why worry about an update? It's the same thing except CM7 greatly improves upon the OS with all the features baked into it and bloatware removed.

Because official ROMs are stable. As much as I love CM7, it's not without issues.

Titus37

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Because official ROMs are stable. As much as I love CM7, it's not without issues.

I was very nervous about installing a custom rom because I was worried about it being unstable. I haven't used CM7, but so far Reborn rom has been more stable for me than the stock official rom. :p

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
But if you read the whole post before installing CM7 you would have known it had issues and was a work in progess.
Other custom roms are just as stable as the official one if not better. REBORN kicks ass!

sent from my Reborn Optimus

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Cm7 since may 9th and will probably pass on the official update. I rooted and installed CM7 specifically for android 2.3 an nothing else. You guys are right, CM7 is not without flaws but mines is pretty stable and I can't think of anything the official update will offer that I don't already have. And like somebody mentioned, we were warned about bugs. If I had any I'd switch, but I think I'm keeping it for a while

thecaptian12975

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Cm7 since may 9th and will probably pass on the official update. I rooted and installed CM7 specifically for android 2.3 an nothing else. You guys are right, CM7 is not without flaws but mines is pretty stable and I can't think of anything the official update will offer that I don't already have. And like somebody mentioned, we were warned about bugs. If I had any I'd switch, but I think I'm keeping it for a while

This is true i have no issues at all with it and after some thought idk if i would want to get rid of my CM perks. Although seeing 2.3.4 would be cool I wouldn't mind that.

Last edited:

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site
cm7 doesnt like to play well with my stereo bluetooth(lags sometimes,random reboots during playback,have to pair after rebooting phone) and a few other minor things but all in all everything runs faster. of course id rather have a gb rom based on lg source code.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
cm7 doesnt like to play well with my stereo bluetooth(lags sometimes,random reboots during playback,have to pair after rebooting phone) and a few other minor things but all in all everything runs faster. of course id rather have a gb rom based on lg source code.
The optimus t gingerbread or russian rom should be ported to our devices pretty soon. I tried the other say but failed to realize they have a different phys_offset then ours. I would love having a fully working gingerbread rom.

Just realized I'm in the optimus s forums :D I'm from optimus v Damn I need some sleep

Hoverbot

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
The optimus t gingerbread or russian rom should be ported to our devices pretty soon. I tried the other say but failed to realize they have a different phys_offset then ours. I would love having a fully working gingerbread rom.

Just realized I'm in the optimus s forums :D I'm from optimus v Damn I need some sleep

Don't worry, we don't bite.

Much....