Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    thecaptian12975's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

    Default Optimus GB update

    Ok heres the deal i got this phone mainly because i couldn't afford anything else (broke college kid). I really wanted an android phone, with my only other free option being the sanyo thingy i chose this phone. So i get online after getting the opti and i see there is a possible GB official update. I got excited but at this point i am just annoyed at the fact that there is still no real word on it. So i was wondering if this was just rumors or if it is real, and if it is then is everyone else as agitated as i am with this.......

    I guess disregard most of this post i kinda haven't had sleep lol there is definitely another post on this. i am just very rattled at the moment over this.
    Last edited by thecaptian12975; 06-13-2011 at 06:11 AM. Reason: moronically posted stuff that was already here
  2. #2  
    sonicbluemustang's Avatar

    Posts
    430 Posts
    ROM
    Cold As Ice

    Default

    You have two options, move to Italy where they have just released it for the S or you can wait a couple more months with us. Really no big thrill GB now if you can get the mods by other means.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    thecaptian12975's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

    Default

    yea i have CM7 atm and i am very satisfied with it i just like tinkering with this thing lol
  4. #4  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    8,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default

    If you are already using CM7 then why worry about an update? It's the same thing except CM7 greatly improves upon the OS with all the features baked into it and bloatware removed.
  5. #5  
    nikc4's Avatar

    Posts
    144 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    If you are already using CM7 then why worry about an update? It's the same thing except CM7 greatly improves upon the OS with all the features baked into it and bloatware removed.
    Because official ROMs are stable. As much as I love CM7, it's not without issues.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikc4 View Post
    Because official ROMs are stable. As much as I love CM7, it's not without issues.
    I was very nervous about installing a custom rom because I was worried about it being unstable. I haven't used CM7, but so far Reborn rom has been more stable for me than the stock official rom.
  7. #7  
    hamagc's Avatar

    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Maybe OC Kernel

    Default

    Bt? And I think the gb leak was Russian
  8. #8  
    blackops1125's Avatar
    Advisor

    Posts
    990 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikc4 View Post
    Because official ROMs are stable. As much as I love CM7, it's not without issues.
    But if you read the whole post before installing CM7 you would have known it had issues and was a work in progess.
    Other custom roms are just as stable as the official one if not better. REBORN kicks ***!


    sent from my Reborn Optimus
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    thecaptian12975's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

    Default

    I love CM7 but my thought was with a official update we would get some good custom roms.
  10. #10  
    dizzle16's Avatar

    Posts
    764 Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

    Default

    I've been using Cm7 since may 9th and will probably pass on the official update. I rooted and installed CM7 specifically for android 2.3 an nothing else. You guys are right, CM7 is not without flaws but mines is pretty stable and I can't think of anything the official update will offer that I don't already have. And like somebody mentioned, we were warned about bugs. If I had any I'd switch, but I think I'm keeping it for a while
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    thecaptian12975's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    I've been using Cm7 since may 9th and will probably pass on the official update. I rooted and installed CM7 specifically for android 2.3 an nothing else. You guys are right, CM7 is not without flaws but mines is pretty stable and I can't think of anything the official update will offer that I don't already have. And like somebody mentioned, we were warned about bugs. If I had any I'd switch, but I think I'm keeping it for a while
    This is true i have no issues at all with it and after some thought idk if i would want to get rid of my CM perks. Although seeing 2.3.4 would be cool I wouldn't mind that.
    Last edited by thecaptian12975; 06-13-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added a bit more
  12. #12  

    Default

    cm7 doesnt like to play well with my stereo bluetooth(lags sometimes,random reboots during playback,have to pair after rebooting phone) and a few other minor things but all in all everything runs faster. of course id rather have a gb rom based on lg source code.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rod_munch View Post
    cm7 doesnt like to play well with my stereo bluetooth(lags sometimes,random reboots during playback,have to pair after rebooting phone) and a few other minor things but all in all everything runs faster. of course id rather have a gb rom based on lg source code.
    The optimus t gingerbread or russian rom should be ported to our devices pretty soon. I tried the other say but failed to realize they have a different phys_offset then ours. I would love having a fully working gingerbread rom.


    Just realized I'm in the optimus s forums I'm from optimus v Damn I need some sleep
  14. #14  
    Hoverbot's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    ROM
    Reborn

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asadullah View Post
    The optimus t gingerbread or russian rom should be ported to our devices pretty soon. I tried the other say but failed to realize they have a different phys_offset then ours. I would love having a fully working gingerbread rom.


    Just realized I'm in the optimus s forums I'm from optimus v Damn I need some sleep
    Don't worry, we don't bite.



    Much....
    I don't bite... really! I don't!
  15. #15  
    nikc4's Avatar

    Posts
    144 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoverbot View Post
    Don't worry, we don't bite.



    Much....
    Speak for yourself.

Posting Permissions