Wireless tether in AP mode (not ad-hoc)?

jdeshong

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to make this happen? My phone is rooted with the ZVD software. I use the the wireless tether app and can't tether my PS3 because it doesn't support ad-hoc networks, only access points. I previous used the paid sprint hotspot and that worked fine. I can get it work through my laptop through ICS but that is a pain! Please help!!!

bertimus2002

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering the same thing. Our laptops are locked to AP's only, no ad-hoc networks and thus I can't use the WiFi Tether on my rooted Optimus S.

jdeshong

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use widgetsoid to turn my wifi tether on and off. It's not ad-hoc and i have no problems with any devices.

Thanks! Have you ever tried it with the stock rooted rom? And, I assume you are not paying for the hotspot service right? Thanks

Last edited:

jdeshong

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the reborn rom and the hotspot widget works great in AP infrastructure mode. The wireless tether app still only works as ad-hoc which I can't figure out. The same app on the EVO and thunderbolt works in AP but not the optimus. But I'm glad the widget works and my PS3 is happy. Thanks for the tip.