Better chance of gingerbread?

jadenj5

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just saw on the front page that the optimus one in Romania got GB! other carries have confirmed that it will be rolled out with in the next few months. based on the past i find it hard to believe. but im at least holding my breath a lil bit ;)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The "official" update is gonna be a while but I tend to agree with rod b/c I really like the features of CM7. The keyboard and power management are better than the froyo it came with stock in my opinion. I can't imagine the upddtes gonna come quick or that it will be bug free. By the time it comes to this phone ill probably have upgraded to a stock 2.3 phone lol. But SP cm7 is so great in my opinion, that when it finally is ready, I don't want the "official" update

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The befit to us is that a gingerbread source means more stable roms built from it.

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk

jadenj5

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know it'll be awhile. But having the official, maybe alot more roms. I'm running cm7 as well, have been since I got the phone. I'd just like to have an aosp 2.3 as well

sent from my ginger-optimus

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the hero I dont have alot of faith.

It took sprint/htc FOREVER to release 2.1. I mean we had to keep bugging them to get the upgrade date and when we finally got a projected release date it took 6 months longer.

And to top it off the update leaked like 6 months prior to the offical release and honestly there didnt seem to be many changes.

jadenj5

May 31, 2011
Visit site
i came from the hero as well. but i didnt care if i didnt get that update (; i was already running 2.2.1 faster than sprint could ever imagine. if we could at least get a gb leak im sure some of the devs around could do something with it.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it not possible to use the Russian version for an American phone?

EDIT: Errrr... Romanian....

Edit 2: tempted to flash the Romanian optimus one version of gb

Last edited:

jadenj5

May 31, 2011
Visit site
i wouldnt risk it, wait till something is dropped. ie, source, rom dump, something along thoes lines. who knows what could possibly happen if you flashed it :p it is the romaninans after all

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If it could be worked at all the a new rom is possible but they are still waiting for the source so it can be overclocked.

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that's official. His settings are on a white menu not black. It should be a black menu to save power

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech