Is there anyway to turn off that annoying low battery warning?

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is there anyway to turn off that annoying low battery warning

You could always charge the battery.

sent from my Reborn Optimus

gah you beat me to it. I usually dont let my phone get so low, but do you mean the popup telling you to charge or the sound it makes?

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Yes that beeping sound. Can it be disabled?

Are you rooted, and on what Rom?

You can simply rename LowBattery.ogg to LowBattery.ogg.bak and it won't sound when it gets low. The popup will still show.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Could you also replace it with some thing less obnoxious?

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk

Yes you could, as long as the file is .ogg and has the same name, than it's just a matter of deleting the old one and copying the new one in :D

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes you could, as long as the file is .ogg and has the same name, than it's just a matter of deleting the old one and copying the new one in :D

Okay, I thought that was a good idea. I tried to do it with file manager. Which of course would not let me move a new .ogg file over to the ui folder. Is there a preferred method of this?

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I thought that was a good idea. I tried to do it with file manager. Which of course would not let me move a new .ogg file over to the ui folder. Is there a preferred method of this?

A root explorer of some sort should work, or you could also push the file using adb

adb push file_name /path/to/put/file

obviously the above example uses entirely false file names and directories :D

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

use estrongs file manager and select root and HIAPK, then mount system. it's free and does the job.

hkll

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Your going to have to search for a mod to your phone, or some sort of script to add to your phone, but if your not too tech savvy, you might be stuck with it

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

DakotaSi

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
On my Nexus 5, I get this annoying pop up that seems randomly set at 14 percent. Its a new phone so I know I never set it as I wouldnt set it at such an odd number anyway. I use my own apps and have my own battery information and alerts. I cant find any setting to disable it - Theres no settings in the battery section on the phone to begin with
My phone isnt rooted and Im not going to...Its pretty annoying that thats the answer to every Android problem. I had a similar issue iwth the Galaxy Nexus so I dont konw if its some default built in feature. I just find 14 percent to be such an odd number to choose.

YoubiTheGreat

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Sorry Guys but I expect more from Android.
The beep or bleep isn't the whole answer to my problem. Bought a brand new LG G3, which is great by the way, but as a user, I don't need to be reminded on everything that time flies. Especially on battery. I need the whole ;package to be removed from my device. I don't want my smartphone dim the display or anything else, I need it to work 100% until the battery dies. It takes only 90min, to charge back to 100% so waiting is just a matter of managing time during that 90min. but that annoying popup and beep is a stressor we don't need.

So Who is able to find a Android solution to remove that problem from my LG G3 ?
*.ogg don't work for me either. Couldn't find the LowBattery.ogg and I don't want to start playing with the root on my brand new phone.:cool:

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Guys but I expect more from Android.
The beep or bleep isn't the whole answer to my problem. Bought a brand new LG G3, which is great by the way, but as a user, I don't need to be reminded on everything that time flies. Especially on battery. I need the whole ;package to be removed from my device. I don't want my smartphone dim the display or anything else, I need it to work 100% until the battery dies. It takes only 90min, to charge back to 100% so waiting is just a matter of managing time during that 90min. but that annoying popup and beep is a stressor we don't need.

So Who is able to find a Android solution to remove that problem from my LG G3 ?
*.ogg don't work for me either. Couldn't find the LowBattery.ogg and I don't want to start playing with the root on my brand new phone.:cool:
need the g3 forum, this is optimus s.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513