I put my Optimus S through the washing machine

hopfrog

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Last night, I did a rush load of laundry before realizing I'd washed my Optimus S along with my clothes. I went back to the washer and found it, stuck half underneath the agitator, with water under the dark screen. Whoops.

I took the battery out, took the screws out, and put the phone on top of a basket in front of a fan for the night. Turned it on this morning, and it works fine! The only difference I notice is that the camera button seems not to work, and there are some water marks under the screen (I'm hoping that these might just be lingering water that will dry out at some point).

Hats off to LG for making such a tough little phone!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If it were me, I would place all parts in a bag of rice. That will pull the remaining moisture out. I wouldnt be putting the battery in for a few days at least. I wish you the best with this.

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If it were me, I would place all parts in a bag of rice. That will pull the remaining moisture out. I wouldnt be putting the battery in for a few days at least. I wish you the best with this.

Yups, putting the phone in a bag of rice would dry out all the moisture.....:)

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
A few years back I put my Nextel through the washer, and then the dryer. It came out clean and still worked like a champ!

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome I'm glad t hear that your phone still works! I wonder if those high-end phones would hold up after a ride in the washing machine lol!

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
best of luck... this type of stuff didn't work to dry out my wife's phone when she dropped it in water... but hopefully it'll work for you.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Let it finish drying out first! I made this same mistake with my netbook after getting it wet - I let it dry a bit, then tried turning it on, and it worked to.

Then several hours later, it was completely dead, and I haven't gotten it working since (I have actually replaced a few pieces of hardware). Give it a few days just to be sure all the water is gone.

hopfrog

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Update: the phone began having problems about a week later. The camera started turning on by itself constantly, and then eventually stopped working. :(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech