Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Q] Speed up download/data speeds on LG Optimus V? Please read!

I'm getting crappy download, upload, and 3G connectivity speeds on my Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V. I'm rooted, running CyanogenMod-7.2.0-BACKside-IHO-KANG, Build ID: eng.jerry.20111122.082819, Build Number: GRJ90 (11222011/VM670), and Kernal Version: 2.6.32.9-v3.3 bobzhome@ubuntu #1, and Android Version: 2.3.7.

I've read that flashing Franco Kernal may help a little bit with network speeds, but that was for the Optimus S. The Optimus S & V are pretty much the same, so would it be safe to flash Franco's Kernel with the ROM that I'm using now?

I've also read that dialing ##3282#, and editing the HTTP PD Port to value 0 and Address to 0.0.0.0 would then increase download speeds by 0.20-0.60 MBPS, but that was for the HTC Evo. I tried dialing to service code ##3282# on my dialer, and nothing happened.

Finally, I also read that doing a PRL Update manually and inserting/replacing Virgin Mobiles PRL file with a new and updated PRL file will significantly increase signal and speeds, but its risky, and requires depth to do so. Also, it allows to connect to Verizon's towers, therefore it would then not allow any data connectivity for browser, market, etc.

So, folks, my question is, is there ANYTHING or ANY WAY I can improve my download/browser speeds? Would downloading a proxy app from the Market work and apply faster speeds for downloading on my phone?
    Thanks for any and all help, as it will be greatly appreciated!

ROM
    Official CM7.2

Its sprint throttling virgins speed, since the OV got popular an started selling more data usage has gone up alot. Basicly the more ppl on the network the slower it becomes.

Sent from my HTC HD2
    HTC G2 @1.5ghz
    Official CM7.2 RC1
    Wintec 16GB Class 10 (1GB a2sd)

Default Re: [Q] Speed up download/data speeds on LG Optimus V? Please rea

not an expert but could be your location.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

If you find/get answer pm me please

ROM
    OV Backside , MIUI 2.4.20

Quote Originally Posted by redhat View Post
    Its sprint throttling virgins speed, since the OV got popular an started selling more data usage has gone up alot. Basicly the more ppl on the network the slower it becomes.

Yes. Virgin Mobile has already sent endusers txt & email notice on that. It only affects the " big users", so once your data "margin" has been reached, they'll start capping you. It's kinda confusing the way they worded it. I receive OTA updates for my OV running IHO CM7.2 and I'm worried how this will affect that ability. That zip file kinda big so I'll have to wait & see.

Sent from my HTC HD2

So can we speed up download speeds?

Signal Booster from Google Play Store works well on LG L45C.
    It presents with a Purple Android Icon.
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

same problem on the elite. not to mention this phone already has a wonky radio when it comes to keeping a signal. ive filed an fcc complaint. they can take their defective phone and over capacity network and shove it.

ahclarice: Exactly which "Signal Booster" app are you using from the Market? I'd like to give it a try but there are so many options with that similar name I was curious exactly which one you are using.