Need to root Optimus N L45C Phone

cjwworld

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a model that is new and just released for Net10 but thats what I have. Is there any root solutions that will work for this model? I would appreciate knowledgable responses please.

I see many different Optimus models like S, V and Q but not any info on N
I luv this phone but with its bloatware, I would like to gain root.

Thanks a bunch

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a model that is new and just released for Net10 but thats what I have. Is there any root solutions that will work for this model? I would appreciate knowledgable responses please.

Thanks a bunch

Use gingerbreak to root it then you might have to wait a while for roms or recoverys but test your luck look it up on xda you never know what you might find :) :)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
If it has Gingerbread, I would use a root solution based on ZergRush. Gingerbreak will likely fail. The Sons of Korhal Root Utility *should* do the job but make sure you have all of the appropriate drivers installed first.

cjwworld

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for replying Guys,

I did use or started to use Gingerbread. But waited about 45 minutes and did a panic attempt and quit it. Phone is still working good but I think it stalled. FYI, I am using a Mac to use Gingerbread. I hadn't heard of ZergRush and I will look into it

ionicfatboy

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks a bunch

ionicfatboy

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that worked for mine was something called sons of korhal easy to follow two downloads the app and .net framework 4 then just one click reboot when it says and poof rooted!

cjwworld

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks ionicfatboy

I did look at the page but issue at this time, I do not have a Window unit. :( might take another look at Gingersnap

ionicfatboy

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
There are no roms as of yet but if your willing to wait a few months I am sure some will be made also but any over clocking apk on the market should work.

ionicfatboy

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Is dual boot possible? If not maybe you have a friend with a pc running windows you can also dl the programs to your phone transfer them to lets say a friends pc and well you know the rest

bykerboy68

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I used Unlockroot to root my L45C worked like a charm, now just trying to het Clockworkmod to work with it is another story ...lol Here are the drivers you will need and the Unlockroot exe:cool:

Anyone have any clue or help with the Mod it would be greatly welcomed.

Ok I've tried to upload the files(zip) but couldn't if you want them or need them let me know.

And I do believe that the Optimus C, Optimus 2 and the Optimus Net are all the same phone,same hardware/firmware....

Last edited:

jjsand84

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
What drivers are you all using for the Optimus L45C and where do I get them? I downloaded sons of korhal and .Net framework 4 and I couldnt get it to work so I think I have the wrong drivers for the phone. Help please.

cjwworld

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I use these for my L45

find specific Phone drivers here: Official LG Phone Forum

Also use this TOOL: Download LGMobile Support Tool
use tool to find specific driver for XP to recognize phone

Remember the computer has to know the specific phone. It can't say anything generic like cell phone it has to say lg optimus. Then you should be set to go. Look at the tool above in the menu and select find driver (or something similar as I am going by memory)

Hopes this helps

lce67

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a rom dump from this phone and it has a locked bootloader and 2 mtd mystery parts. Trying to port the cwm recovery from the q.. if someone with better understanding of the mtd part pm me and I will give you the rom dump..

Jon Robinson

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey could you pass me the .zip for sons of korhal? I've looked all over teamhydro.net and found ads and a search box. Also, the links provided on other forums don't seem to go anywhere.

Ps. This is my last hope- I've tried basically everything else; gingerbreak, gingersnap, superoneclick, rootme, unlockroot, THE LIST GOES ON

Jon Robinson

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone still have 2.3.4? Or am I to be doomed with a bloated, slow phone without root forever? Melodrama if you couldn't tell. But pls help

Sent from my LGL45C using AC Forums mobile app

Jon Robinson

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
If this helps:

Build # GRJ22
Android Version 2.3.4
Software Version LGL45CT1
Baseband LGL45C_6170
Kernel 2.6.37.7

Sent from my LGL45C using AC Forums mobile app