1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default Need to root Optimus N L45C Phone

I know this is a model that is new and just released for Net10 but thats what I have. Is there any root solutions that will work for this model? I would appreciate knowledgable responses please.

I see many different Optimus models like S, V and Q but not any info on N
    I luv this phone but with its bloatware, I would like to gain root.

Thanks a bunch
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Quote Originally Posted by cjwworld View Post
    I know this is a model that is new and just released for Net10 but thats what I have. Is there any root solutions that will work for this model? I would appreciate knowledgable responses please.

Thanks a bunch
    Use gingerbreak to root it then you might have to wait a while for roms or recoverys but test your luck look it up on xda you never know what you might find :-) :-)

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Default Re: Need to root Optimus N L45C Phone

If it has Gingerbread, I would use a root solution based on ZergRush. Gingerbreak will likely fail. The Sons of Korhal Root Utility *should* do the job but make sure you have all of the appropriate drivers installed first.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Thanks for replying Guys,

I did use or started to use Gingerbread. But waited about 45 minutes and did a panic attempt and quit it. Phone is still working good but I think it stalled. FYI, I am using a Mac to use Gingerbread. I hadn't heard of ZergRush and I will look into it

Quote Originally Posted by cjwworld View Post

Thanks a bunch

The only thing that worked for mine was something called sons of korhal easy to follow two downloads the app and .net framework 4 then just one click reboot when it says and poof rooted!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Thanks ionicfatboy

I did look at the page but issue at this time, I do not have a Window unit. might take another look at Gingersnap

ROM
    ?

I tried unlockroot.com on my lg optimus l45c to gain root access. Has anyone found an overclock method? idk wat rom/flash to use.

There are no roms as of yet but if your willing to wait a few months I am sure some will be made also but any over clocking apk on the market should work.

Is dual boot possible? If not maybe you have a friend with a pc running windows you can also dl the programs to your phone transfer them to lets say a friends pc and well you know the rest

I used Unlockroot to root my L45C worked like a charm, now just trying to het Clockworkmod to work with it is another story ...lol Here are the drivers you will need and the Unlockroot exe

Anyone have any clue or help with the Mod it would be greatly welcomed.

Ok I've tried to upload the files(zip) but couldn't if you want them or need them let me know.

And I do believe that the Optimus C, Optimus 2 and the Optimus Net are all the same phone,same hardware/firmware....
    Last edited by bykerboy68; 02-25-2012 at 12:36 PM.

What drivers are you all using for the Optimus L45C and where do I get them? I downloaded sons of korhal and .Net framework 4 and I couldnt get it to work so I think I have the wrong drivers for the phone. Help please.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I use these for my L45

find specific Phone drivers here:

Also use this TOOL:
    use tool to find specific driver for XP to recognize phone

Remember the computer has to know the specific phone. It can't say anything generic like cell phone it has to say lg optimus. Then you should be set to go. Look at the tool above in the menu and select find driver (or something similar as I am going by memory)

Hopes this helps
    Thanked by:

Ok I have a rom dump from this phone and it has a locked bootloader and 2 mtd mystery parts. Trying to port the cwm recovery from the q.. if someone with better understanding of the mtd part pm me and I will give you the rom dump..

Does anyone have the stock update.zip rom I can use to wipe the phone with? With the stock recovery. I am having issues with root.

does anyone have the stock boot.img i accidentally deleted my stock rom backup

Hey could you pass me the .zip for sons of korhal? I've looked all over teamhydro.net and found ads and a search box. Also, the links provided on other forums don't seem to go anywhere.

Ps. This is my last hope- I've tried basically everything else; gingerbreak, gingersnap, superoneclick, rootme, unlockroot, THE LIST GOES ON

Does anyone still have 2.3.4? Or am I to be doomed with a bloated, slow phone without root forever? Melodrama if you couldn't tell. But pls help

Sent from my LGL45C using AC Forums mobile app

If this helps:

Build # GRJ22
    Android Version 2.3.4
    Software Version LGL45CT1
    Baseband LGL45C_6170
    Kernel 2.6.37.7

Sent from my LGL45C using AC Forums mobile app

here's a link to another thread with a download for the sons of korhal zip

SW:LS670ZHV Baseband: LS670MVH_6150 Radio still not working.

i followed the instructions here: [APP][ONE-CLICK ROOT] Sons of Korhal Root Utility 1.0.1

and i had root in about 3 minutes. god speed