Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Need help Rooting the new Straight Talk LG Optimus ZIP (L75C)

Will work on this and see what i can come up with...

Scratch that. The problem I was having wasn't because of the NAND being locked. Apparently my partition didn't format properly. I ran MiniTool again, deleted the one I created and made a new one and now Link2SD finds it with no problem!

Hey, i just bought the same phone. I have also rooted it. I need to partition the sd card. What app did you use and when you go into recovery mode what buttons do you have to hold to get to the recovery screen?

I used MiniTool Partition Wizard. I made a second partition using the "ext3" format. I'm not even sure if the L75C has a recovery mode... I did a lot of research and could find nothing. I'd like to flash mine one day, but not until I know for certain I'm not going to make a fancy looking paperweight.

Oh ok so im guessing you used a computer to partition your sd card. I was hoping i could do it with my phone cause i dont have a working computer right know. Is there any other way you thank i can partition my sd card?

I have the LG L75C. I tried the method Anthony post but its not working. I did a factory reset,
    enabled USB debugging, allowed non-market apps, installed sendspace, and attempted to
    download poot through sendspace. It keeps telling me the download failed... I googled "poot debug
    apk," and managed to download poot. I installed and started the apk, and it automatically
    Downloaded the other needed files. After I finished downloading Ministro II, my phone went back into
    the poot apk, and I got a message saying the apk had a critical error and couldn't run. Ideas?

Ok, downloaded poot elsewhere and got a little farther. Now I clicked poot and got "a demon materialized while pooting. Error code 20"

This version worked for me.
    Thanked by:

I am truly a novice when it comes to Android phones. but what do you mean when you guys say you rooting or rooted. I have the lg optimus zip. And want to delete browser history. I believe it is taking up a lot of space in the phone. please help, layman's terms
    Thanked by:

Just curious, how did you factory reset your Zip? I've been thinking starting fresh with mine and using the knowledge I've gained so far to make it run cleaner and faster.

Hey guys, new to this site but am somewhat familiar with rooting phones and such. Even had Android and Windows 7 running on my old HD2 at one point. But I'm curious... is it the bootloader that determines what hardware you're phone is equipped with? Or what is it exactly? My worry is whether or not the slide out keyboard is fully functional after using this method to root my LG Zip...? Can someone fill me in?

Well I figured what the hell. Its a $90 walmart prepay phone neway. Root worked perfect using the aforementioned method. Let the fun begin

Hey guys...I have a new LG L75C Smartphone and need to know how to move (or download) apps to the SD card. I have read all the posts, most talk about other phones, some talk about "rooting" the phone, some talk about hooking up the phone to the computer and typing in lots of commands, some talk about an app "move2SD", etc...and a LOT of the statesments say these things do not work on their phone.

Can someone please reply to me and let me know the simplest, best, and most workable way to help move or download apps to the SD card instead of the internal memory? Thank you!!!!

Once you've rooted your phone (easy to do and the link for instructions is right here on this thread) download Link2SD. The only part that could be troublesome is creating a second partition on your SD card, but once you've done that, you're set to install all sorts of goodies on your phone.

Anyone have this info???
    Not getting a response...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Grosh View Post
    Ok so i finally rooted this phone I followed this guide worked on my lg Optimus.. Hope ths helps everyone out...
    This works on the L75C? And how do I back up the current system on the phone in case I mess it up?

hey...i will confirm the poot method rooted my optimus zip and have created 2 partitions on my sd using minitool and is working with link2sd......i would def make a backup of the rom wit rom manager or root toolbox....i am looking for the stock rom....if sum1 cld post it wld be greatly apprish!

Hey guys, been lurking for a while, finally got my 75c rooted using the poot method, it wasn't working the first few times I tried it and I think I figured out why. The Android Area 51 thread has links to poot and Ministro II, but it also says that these must be placed on the root of your SD. That seemed to do the trick for me, rather than downloading from the Play store or from the browser on my phone. Then I used Astro File Manager to install them and the phone was rooted within minutes. Thought I'd pass this on for people that have had similar issues.

gracias amgo este me sirvio
    Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsauto67 View Post
    This version worked for me.

Carolyn, this works by default on the L75C. I suggest you root and remove half the google stuff that's installed however. This will save you a considerable amount of space. Just removing movies and music saves you close to 40 MB. What you are looking for is the "SD Card" under "applications". Not all applications can be moved. Only some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Grosh View Post
    Ok so i finally rooted this phone I followed this guide worked on my lg Optimus.. Hope ths helps everyone out...
    As others have said, this works. My LG Optimus Zip phone is now rooted :-) After the root, I was finally able to uninstall all the software that I never use which freed up memory for software that I previously couldn't load because I was low on memory. Thanks for blazing the trail for LG Optimus Zip users and a HUGE thanks to giantpune.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12