Need help Rooting the new Straight Talk LG Optimus ZIP (L75C)

Kitrik

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know anything about this phone? I have searched and searched and have found nothing regarding any drivers or roots.:(

misterxar

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help Rooting the LG Optimus ZIP (L75C)

The phone you have is actually called the LG Optimus Q, why they call it the Zip in certain places is beyond me, because Zip, Q and Esteem are the same model of phone, but you'll have the best luck if you look up rooting information for the LG Optimus Q. Trust me, I literally just went through the same thing you did (I'm still setting up my phone. :D)

Kitrik

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help Rooting the LG Optimus ZIP (L75C)

The phone you have is actually called the LG Optimus Q, why they call it the Zip in certain places is beyond me, because Zip, Q and Esteem are the same model of phone, but you'll have the best luck if you look up rooting information for the LG Optimus Q. Trust me, I literally just went through the same thing you did (I'm still setting up my phone. :D)

Looked it up and tried it. Drivers installed fine, but crack failed...check the errors.

ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting

blade9732

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
This phone is NOT the Optimus Q as stated above. It is the Verizon LG Enlighten (VS700). It is also running kernel 2.6.35.7,the latest update to the Enlighten that breaks root.
What I have found so far:
-No root possible (same as updated firmware on VZW Enlighten)
-Service code dial tricks don't work
-Can not get to DM mode to open in CDMA WS or QPST.
What I got:
Does connect to ADB, failed on shell root in SuperOneClick
Phone that appears locked to Straight Talk/Tracphone

I am going to have a friend try to access in MF Suite (Abrakadabra) in a few days, set it as a VS700 and see if I can flash it to Cricket.

Jamie Owens

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
any luck? I have tried all the methods i can find and every time something blocks it and wont let me...side note I noticed some software asks for administrative privileges and i can give them the ok on that, so what I was thinking is if that can be done like answering yes to windows 7 to run as administrator, If "root required" apps could do the same and ask for permission and you could say yes or no? Instead of limiting their functions all together,.., I really want to be able to root this straight talk phone optimus zip phone which i love and need to find a way to force it to share phone memory space with sd card where i can put more than 3 apps on my machine. If anybody has any luck with rooting one of these without bricking it let me know and also make a youtube video demonstration and post any findings here :) Thanks! ... I will keep searching for information, on multiple sites, especially video sites I seem to learn the most watching those, also when i downloaded the sdk developer tools from the android site, there was alot of power at my finger tips no knowledge of how to access it I downloaded all the things required for it and extra stuff because i thought that was what i needed to to get the drivers for my phone on my computer... lol long story short it i felt like a fool when i figured out it just plugs in with the usb cable and becomes a micro sd card reader and writer..meaning it works like a flash drive but has no phone memory available to view or manipulate from the computer :) Still want to learn some of the development stuff and really get to know my phone, that way i could debug problems on my own. Also i tried the rooter for the Optimus Q, which looks like this phone in every way but isn't, because the video showed the Q being rooted with no problems with LG esteem , and Gingerbreak. :( I think we have unrootable phones.. straight talk had to make sure we were sold a shiny piece of crap... but on the plus side i would have probably ended up messing alot of stuff up had i got it rooted or worse bricked it beyond repair. Alot of programs can access the phones memory like android defrag ... so I think the solution is out there somewhere.. I hope somebody finds it and posts it soon for all of us. :)

Last edited:

Jamie Owens

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem trying to root my straight talk lg optimus zip phone, I <3 the phone other than the storage i found a way to move practically anything to the sd card only problem is it stores some of the data to the files i move on the internal memory, I saw a suggestion that said to use an app called link2sd , so I downloaded that went into usb debug mode like it said to just to find out that my phone needs to be rooted for this app to work on internal storage, not system storage i'm not going anywhere near that I have limited knowledge of android phones but I am learning.. I was hoping by now there was a rooting program that would work, The last post with a link for unlock root didn't work, I downloaded it everything went smoothly until it tried to get permission for shell access, after it tried it popped up with 2 error windows that said it failed to get access. Has anyone had any success at any other methods? Maybe even a manual method that doesn't require a software to do this but some commands i could use in the adb that came with the sdk program I used to switch on the option for everything to all apps to go to sd except the ones that are needed for the phone to work.. My intention was to move facebook app over because it took up alot of space on my phone and wasn't possible to move it to sd without the option being enabled.. I got the information here How to move almost all Android apps to SD card (no root required) But I still want root access to my phone to move the internal storage for my sd card files over to sd card files that have already been moved using the link2sd app. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks and I hope the link I posted will help other non-rooted people like me.

Jamie Owens

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I found an instructional page on my search to root my phone, How TO Root LG Optimus Zip <- use caution when attempting anything from this page I have not tried any of these methods yet I am downloading the zip file it required hboot_2.xx_soff-V8.9.zip .. I will let you guys know if it worked of if it bricked my phone.. If it bricks my phone I am going to be mad because I don't think there is a way to go into recovery mode with this specific phone so I am taking a chance at messing up my phone.. So if you use these steps please realize that you are doing the same thing, or any rooting method for that matter. But if it works I am going to be one happy camper :) I will follow up on this, and maybe somebody more knowledgeable can tell me if this site is a bad idea or not and if I brick my phone I hope it can be fixed. I will be asking for major help if that happens.

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
There's a zip file you can install to use your SD card as your Internal and then some. But you must be rooted

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Anthony Grosh

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Got poot debug apk from site posted but installed ministro configuration 2 from aptoide.com had to install the aptoide to my phone then open app search ministro configuration 2 then install it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty