1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Optimus internal/external storage

I just recently got one of these, and am completely new to "smartphones". Anyway this beast of a phone comes with a whopping 200MB of internal storage. Who could possibly ask for more, right?
    Sarcasm aside, I have a 32GB SDcard installed. The problem is that aside from games, I don't seem to be able to move any apps to said SD card. They all want to run on internal storage, and all downloads seem to go to internal first.

Is there anything I can do to transvfer these stubborn apps to external storage, and make all future downloads install on the SDcard in the first place?
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: LG Optimus internal/external storage

Ahem...
    *bump*

Quote Originally Posted by Chris71749 View Post
    I just recently got one of these, and am completely new to "smartphones". Anyway this beast of a phone comes with a whopping 200MB of internal storage. Who could possibly ask for more, right?
    Sarcasm aside, I have a 32GB SDcard installed. The problem is that aside from games, I don't seem to be able to move any apps to said SD card. They all want to run on internal storage, and all downloads seem to go to internal first.

Is there anything I can do to transvfer these stubborn apps to external storage, and make all future downloads install on the SDcard in the first place?
    Go to manage apps. Click on downloads. Click on app. Should be a clear data, move to sd card and clear cache. Click move to sd card. Some apps don't have that ability though. Good luck.

Default Re: LG Optimus internal/external storage

You can also try a app called app2sd. Among the many features its has considering the sd card your able to set it up to vibrate if you download any app that is able to be moved to the sd card. Their is both a free and paid version in the Play Store. Highly recommend for managing all apps that can be moved to the sd card.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums