I have the New LG Optimus Showtime from Straighttalk

bmpponder

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much. The program worked like a charm after I downloaded the drivers for the lg phone. It is now rooted it was actually fairly simple. Literally one 3 clicks rooted :)

tastesphunny

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I too have a LG Optimus Showtime and want to get rid of Facebook and other battery drainers. Facebook because its a huge time waster for me too. So you are happy with the results??? After reading the way to fix it it seemed doable but I'm leery.... Thanks:-\

Last edited:

mkrickert

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I have been unable to find the USB driver (W7) for the LG Optimus Showtime. The LG website is not providing these. If anyone has ideas, or the files, please let me know. Thank you very much everyone!

tillville

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Problems with ring with LG Optimus Showtime from Straighttalk

I have the LG Optimus Showtime L86C and use Straight Talk with Verizon. I really like the phone except that it will go from ringing to vibrate only for no apparent reason. I am having to change it back to ringing daily, if not more often. I do not have avg or any virus protection on the phone. I thought maybe it would change to vibrate when the battery got low, but realized later this is not the case. Can anyone please help me with this problem?

I appreciate any assistance to the above.

Last edited:

mwsouf08

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been unable to find the USB driver (W7) for the LG Optimus Showtime. The LG website is not providing these. If anyone has ideas, or the files, please let me know. Thank you very much everyone!
I've also been unable to find the drivers. Does anyone have a link to them?

Kayla Creswell

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Showtime and am fairly happy with it. I have read about rooting it and am not quite sure I want to. The apps I want to get rid of are capable of causing the phone to not boot successfully.

What are the major benefits of rooting if you still cannot successfully uninstall certain apps?

deek611

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Ive had my lg optimus showtime for about 5 months now. All of a sudden my camera isnt working. It keeps saying cannot connect to camera. Is there anything i can do?

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Showtime and am fairly happy with it. I have read about rooting it and am not quite sure I want to. The apps I want to get rid of are capable of causing the phone to not boot successfully.

What are the major benefits of rooting if you still cannot successfully uninstall certain apps?

Unless you mess up somewhere in the rooting process, a proper root will allow you to uninstall anything on your phone. You'll have to do a lot of research on what can be removed for your particular model, as realistically, you don't want to remove just anything, as it would render your phone useless (aka BRICKED).

If you want more help on the subject, go here:
http://androidforums.com/optimus-showtime-all-things-root/

I just got a LG Optimus F3 for Virgin Mobile USA from amazon a few days ago. On my phone, it's possible to remove or disable some of the apps without rooting. If you can do that with your Showtime, you might want to try doing that first before you even consider rooting. If not, you might want to consult the forum I linked above, and/or get a close friend who's familiar with rooting and the basic functions of Android to help you out.

P.S. I'm personally finding Phandroid forums to be a better place for info on a lot of phones/tablets. Their device list is bigger than AC's. (Sorry, AC! ;) I still love your LG Optimus V forum, though.)

Anny Smith1978

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
My son has an LG Optimus showtime through straight talk and lives with his dad and step mom. He has a problem with losing his phone.. I got a message from his facebook last night saying he needed his gmail email and password to unlock it and I know a little about phones but have never heard of needing the email and password to unlock a phone.. Anyone else ever heard of this?
My fear is that someone else is accessing his facebook and trying to reset his phone so they can use it as their own.
I don't know.. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever heard of it being necessary to have the email and password for gmail just to unlock a phone.. let me know plz & ty

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
My son has an LG Optimus showtime through straight talk and lives with his dad and step mom. He has a problem with losing his phone.. I got a message from his facebook last night saying he needed his gmail email and password to unlock it and I know a little about phones but have never heard of needing the email and password to unlock a phone.. Anyone else ever heard of this?
My fear is that someone else is accessing his facebook and trying to reset his phone so they can use it as their own.
I don't know.. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever heard of it being necessary to have the email and password for gmail just to unlock a phone.. let me know plz & ty

This is necessary if the normal password doesn't work. If you do this, it may erase all the data on the phone, but this is a lot safer. Hopefully things are set up so at least some of the data and apps can be restored using your son's Google account. If it's at all possible, you may have to ask straight talk for a new phone if the current one can't be recovered. Facebook can't be used to reset a phone. It has to be through a Google account for an Android device.

If you don't mind doing some extra reading, you should check these articles out:

How to unlock an Android phone when its password has been forgotten | Smart Mobile Phone Solutions

How to Hard Reset an Android Phone | Smart Mobile Phone Solutions

Hope that helps, and good luck! :)