1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Lg optimus showtime - help with straightalk

I received a LATE Christmas gift from my sister in Montana - a new LG OPTIMUS SHOWTIME. I have Straight Talk now. When I went into the Straight Talk website to activate my new phone and
    use my current Straight Talk phone number, I was not allowed to do it because apparently, the box was not swiped out of the store correctly. So I spoke to the kind folks at Wal-mart and they said that sometimes the bar code on the bottom of the box is faded or there is something wrong with it. They only find this out when they go to activate the phone. The Wal-Mart folks have called Straight Talk and asked if they could manually key in the bar code numbers and Straight Talk said No. So they have to refund the money, get a new phone in a box and start all over again.

Well, I don't HAVE the box. I got the phone in February and since I was not expecting any trouble and had NEVER heard of such a thing, and have Straight Talk now, I threw the box away in the recycling.

What can I do now? I have this beautiful LG Optimus Showtime phone that Straight Talk will not authorize because it was not "swiped' out of the store correctly. Can ANYONE assist me in getting Straight Talk to activate this phone for me or give me any hints?

Thank you.

Default Re: Lg optimus showtime - help with straightalk

I actually work for Wal-Mart in the electronics department. There's a few reasons why your phone wasn't activated correctly at the store. First being that a CSM (Customer Service Manager) manually overrode the transaction without typing the serial number in, second being that it could actually be a glitch on Straight Talk's end, or third being that the phone was stolen. Is there a chance your sister may have bought the phone from another person, and not directly from Wal-Mart? A CSM should be able to activate the phone by manually typing in the serial number (it's on the back of the phone, behind the battery.) but they'll probably only do it if you have a receipt. Hope I helped a little.

As long as you have the receipt just take it back to
    Walmart and they will look at your receipt and then get you another phone and scan it for you no big deal. I had it happen to me. A new worker didn't do something right when he scanned it. I took it back and they asked for the receipt because there is a code on it or something I think. I gave it to him and he looked at it and said he was sorry for my trouble and he got me another one and scanned it like normal and gave me a new receipt. He took my old receipt and old phone and off I went. It was that easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Bennetts View Post
    I received a LATE Christmas gift from my sister in Montana - a new LG OPTIMUS SHOWTIME. I have Straight Talk now. When I went into the Straight Talk website to activate my new phone and
    use my current Straight Talk phone number, I was not allowed to do it because apparently, the box was not swiped out of the store correctly. So I spoke to the kind folks at Wal-mart and they said that sometimes the bar code on the bottom of the box is faded or there is something wrong with it. They only find this out when they go to activate the phone. The Wal-Mart folks have called Straight Talk and asked if they could manually key in the bar code numbers and Straight Talk said No. So they have to refund the money, get a new phone in a box and start all over again.

Well, I don't HAVE the box. I got the phone in February and since I was not expecting any trouble and had NEVER heard of such a thing, and have Straight Talk now, I threw the box away in the recycling.

What can I do now? I have this beautiful LG Optimus Showtime phone that Straight Talk will not authorize because it was not "swiped' out of the store correctly. Can ANYONE assist me in getting Straight Talk to activate this phone for me or give me any hints?

Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Oh You dont need the box its the same code on the receipt as the code under the battery. The codes will match even if it was not scanned right the purchase code will match. [QUOTE

.[/QUOTE

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD