Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Insufficient Storage Available msg but I have ample space and I installed other apps with no problem

I get the "Insufficient Storage Available" message when attempting to install Easy Battery Saver app on my phone.

Using Android Jellybean 4.1.2 LG Optimus F3 (T-Mobile)
    I have a 32Gb SD card, almost 29GB left on the card, and almost 600MB space on the phone.
    I set the SD card as the default location by running this couple of days ago:
    adb shell pm set-install-location 2

So far I am not able to install this app: Easy Battery Saver, even though I was able to install the following apps:
    • Bejeweled Blitz
    • Kindle

I tried deleting the Google Play Store cache, uninstalled updates, powering down and rebooting my phone - none of that works.

Any advice?

I guess I can rerun the adb command and put the set-install-location back to 1, but it doesn't explain how come I'm able to install other much Larger apps, but not the 1.71MB Easy Battery Saver app. btw, I have DU Battery Saver installed, and yes I tried disabling it, which doesn't make a difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Insufficient Storage Available msg but I have ample space and I installed other apps with no problem-android_storage_p1.png   Insufficient Storage Available msg but I have ample space and I installed other apps with no problem-android_storage_p2.png  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Insufficient Storage Available msg but I have ample space and I installed other apps with no pro

So I reverted set-install-location back to "1" and I was able to install Easy Battery saver.

I guess some apps cannot override phone's install-location or unable to install on external storage.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: Insufficient Storage Available msg but I have ample space and I installed other apps with no pro

I have been getting messages like this too. I think that the process of installing an app requires more storage (eg temporary storage) than just the app size.

Assuming that your phone is rooted and you have installed Link2SD. All you have to do is open Link2SD, go to settings, and pick Install location (Internal), probably unlink Auto link too. I could not install couple applications like facebook because for some reason Android do not allow to install it on sd. After installation all you have to do is go to Link2SD and Create link if you want move this application on sd card.
    After that it works fine.