LG F3 vs GS4

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I know the title sounds crazy... but here me out

I think the LG F3 is actually a better phone all the way around, And I own both phones... here is why

New off contract price: GS4 - $699, F3 - $240 (winner LG)
battery size: GS4 - 2600 mAh, F3 - 2460 mAh (winner GS4, but barely considering the size differences)
battery usage: GS4 one day use with 5.0 inch 1080x1920 screen, F3 two day use with 4 inch 480x800 (winner LG)
Screen: GS4 - 441 ppi, F3 - 233 ppi (obvious who wins here) - but not everyone cares about ultra pixels. I cant see any pixels on the F3 unless I actually pay attention.
Weight: GS4 - 4.59oz, F3 - 4.0oz (winner LG) for obvious reasons... but still lighter.
Expandable storage: Yes both
Removable battery: Yes both
Overall UI smoothness: LG winner. Sorry samsung, but Touchwiz really does suck that a low budget phone can out perform your software.
Connectivity: Both have LTE

Here is a comparison link
Make sure to look at the user ratings, and then look at price.
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-Optimus-F3,Samsung-Galaxy-S4/phones/7862,7597

I could go on and on.
On paper the GS4 will win most categories.
But from usability and overall price.... the winner goes to the LG F3.

And the F6 is even better than the F3, Still at a low cost.
To me its a no brainier, And I want to take back every negative thing I said about LG. They have really impressed me with there UI.

Some cool stuff it came with.
Translator camera (can translate signs, papers, etc)
The Qslide is very handy for multitasking
and the quick memo feature is way more useful than I originally thought.
the LED around the home button... pure genius.

Thats just my 2 cents. So good job LG. You won me over.

Last edited:

melawson77

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I agree. I have owned both and now use and own only the LG Optimus F3 with T-Mobile.

I really don't have any complaints.
Love the phone.

Posted via Android Central App on LG Optimus F3

jjfad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the f3 too. The camera could be better and the lack of memory is incredibly annoying. Otherwise, awesome phone.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
From my F7 which is the Sprint/Boost sort of equivalent. I never experienced the GS4 but I do agree LG makes very nice phones. I also like the Q-Slide stuff. The skin is very minimal but nice.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Beth Leiva

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you already know you rather have the F3. So, keep it. Mine is great. Memory sucks, but nothing you cant fix with rooting and link2sd after partitioning.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513