1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Optimus F3

I need a new phone and I'm thinking about the LG Optimus F3 on Virgin Mobile because of the price, otherwise I'd get the HTC Desire. But I can't seem to find any ROMS available for LG Optimus F3. Are there none in existence? Is the LG OpF3 a good phone?

Default Re: LG Optimus F3 LS720 ( Virgin Mobile )

This phone has pros and cons. I have been researching it for 2 weeks now.

Pros: Awesome battery life!
    Low-Moderate Bloatware
    Crisp feel and functionality.
    Mini SD memory port

Cons: LG crippled this phone by putting insufficient internal memory on this model. As a result, after just installing a few applications, you get the warning, " Low on storage space" and you can't install any more apps. Custom ROMS are few or not being developed. If you are not buying apps, this phone is great. If you want apps on your phone, look elsewhere.

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: LG Optimus F3

It's best to have at least 8gb ROM and even that works out to not much.

But on my old hydro I only had 1gb free space if that, and I managed, but it's true I couldn't install as much as I wanted to.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Damn, so is there no way to use Link2SD etc... like with the Optimus V?
    DG3

Don't know if it was just a Black Friday deal, but I picked up an F3 at Best Buy for $89. I've been wanting a cheaper second Android phone, but wanted something a little better than the usual bottom-rung of smart phones. At that price, it was a no-brainer.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    Don't know if it was just a Black Friday deal, but I picked up an F3 at Best Buy for $89. I've been wanting a cheaper second Android phone, but wanted something a little better than the usual bottom-rung of smart phones. At that price, it was a no-brainer.
    Yeah that's what I did too but on Amazon. But then I read that the phone has very little internal memory, granted it's like 9x's more than my opV but still very little. Are you going to root yours?
    DG3

Don't think I'll root it. I have a Galaxy s3 as my main phone, but needed a cheap but decent second phone for work stuff. Mostly calls and net. The kind of phone I could possibly lose or damage and not be out a ton of money.

I have this phone. It's rooted with a partitioned 8 GB SD. Battery life is incredibly good. 1080P video. Light bloatware as mentioned above. Memory was my only issue. If you don't feel like taking... 5 minutes to root and partition your sd then don't bother. Spend a few extra hundred on something with more. Every phone has it's cons though.

Posted via Android Central App

How did you partition the sd card for the apps? I REALLY want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Leiva View Post
    I have this phone. It's rooted with a partitioned 8 GB SD. Battery life is incredibly good. 1080P video. Light bloatware as mentioned above. Memory was my only issue. If you don't feel like taking... 5 minutes to root and partition your sd then don't bother. Spend a few extra hundred on something with more. Every phone has it's cons though.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdouglas View Post
    Here's a good tutorial:

beth i keep getting a superuser error about outdated binary/i've tried different superusers and fixers but nothing works/any ideas?

did you find any roms at all lately because i need one bad.

I am so dissapointed by this phone. I am stupid for not looking at the reviews before I bought it. I love apps. I know there are options to change that but honestly I am not that tech savy and I am afraid I will just mess the phone up. lol