Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ridetime4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking For Root for LG Optimus F3 virgin mobile

I just recently purchased a optimus f3, and wanted to root it. I was mainly concerned with the WiFi. I wanted to know if I could create a WiFi hotspot from my unlimited data connection.
    I searched up and down and couldn't find any info on this website about this root, and what benefits this particular phone could offer from rooting.
    Any info or opinions? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
    Richard Sewell1 likes this.

Default Re: Looking For Root for LG Optimus F3 virgin mobile

I rooted mine using motochopper and with link2sd I can put more apps on it so it's worth it in that aspect. I used to share the net via Wi-Fi or tethered with my LG optimus V but the drivers won't work with my F3. I don't know what works for a hotspot with the F3 but there's bound to be something out there.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So I just rooted the phone, now..... What apps do I NEED to pair with the superuser.
    Sorry this is a beginner here just looking for the right advice on all this. Also what ROMs are working best for this F3?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about ROMs I have to admit. As far as what apps to use, just use what fancies you. Once you're rooted any app will work, but some well have extra features that take advantage of rooting giving you more features. One I'd recommend is link2sd, where you take your memory card, partition it into two primary FAT32 partitions and you're set for installing more apps than internal memory could do by itself. You'll have to manually move apps to the memory card in link2sd , but updating does this automatically once the apps are there. There's an XDA developer's website that talks about and hosts ROMs and their developers I believe though some here might have additional info on that but XDA is the place to go for that I think. Let me know if you have more questions.

Posted via Android Central App

How did you root it???

Even though it doesn't specify that you can use this method on the F3, I was able to with great success: saferoot.zip.

I need some major help here. I have a VM LS720. I tried rooting it with MotoChopper on a PC. (I went to an internet cafe and paid since i have no PC.) I am now at the apple store and Im going to try to root it here. Is motochopper the only way to root this device? The MotoChop root on the PC failed, everything was fine until it got to the step of installing the SU binary, and then at that point it said FAILED and kicked me back to square one. I just don't get it. everyone else has rooted their optimus f3 with no problems with this method, but mine does not allow it. I need the capabilities of simple things like moving apps to SD. Manipulating startup apps to get move available system ram, and downloading apps directly to SD via a ROM. I am very computer literate, when it comes to PC's, but when it comes to droids and this new jelly bean I am a dummy. I even tried the method in the internet cafe of manually typing the steps from the batch files that comes with motochopper and it failed. Please help. Im in the apple store now, if anyone can give me feedback i'd be more than grateful. As usual just for pete's sake i hold no one responsible if iend up with a dead device ( knock on wood ) or any other loss due to any of your methods.

this way is confirmed as of working just did it seconds ago so if anyone wanted to know if it works it does.

OK guys I need your help I did playing first on Xbox one on my rooted lg opt f3

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk

The help I need how to make it faster it's kind of a lag not much but o want it to be fast 7.47mbps help

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk