Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeremy Bettinson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Runs out of space in the middle of donwloading. but space is still gone

Like the title says, I am downloading something from the playstore but it runs out of space. It cancels itself but the disk space is still used up from however much it downloaded. I cant find it on my device, but its apparently in there somewhere. Help! Sick of resetting my phone!

Optimus f6
    Banned

Default Re: Runs out of space in the middle of donwloading. but space is still gone

Same thing happens on my HTC Amaze, but even photos don't delete properly. Memory usage is still the same. Maybe a system cache wipe?

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Runs out of space in the middle of donwloading. but space is still gone

I use Clean Master and Android Assistant to clear different caches as well as using Cache Clear set to automatically clean cache every hour. It's an Android oddity. When I used an iPod touch instead of a smartphone I never had this issue. It's probably a non issue the more memory you have but it's a pain sometimes on my LG Optimus F3. I manage it though with those apps I mentioned.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you, i didnt really like two of those, but the clean master worked pretty well. But now my phone says 500 total used up, out of 1.27 gb. Yet it says 385 mb available. Math doesnt add up. Cleaned all cache everywhere and moved all pictures n vids to external sd. But still missing about 400 mb...which is about a third of the phone. Lol

I noticed that on mine a bit. It doesn't add up but it's an improvement using the cache cleaners.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Delete text messages and MMS, might help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It is, thank you very much
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I dont text, but thanks. Like your signature thing.
    Thanked by:
    Golfdriver97 likes this.