1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question files and folders

I have an LD-E610 cellphone and need to know how to delete files and folders.
    I have downloaded and installed ASTRO File Manager with Cloud but this app doesn't seem to do it.
    Android application on my computer is cryptic, I can't see where to find files or folders to delete.
    Will appreciate step by step instructions or links to those.
    Thank you

Default Re: files and folders

Welcome to Android Central! What are you trying to delete? Certain folders are protected, since they probably contain important system information. Are you trying to delete apps? If so, you should always do so from the Settings>Apps menu or from the Play Store app page.

While using Astro File Manager, make sure you're navigating to the "Storage" or "SD Card" folder. Folders and files that are possible to delete are usually found in its subfolders.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! What are you trying to delete? Certain folders are protected, since they probably contain important system information. Are you trying to delete apps? If so, you should always do so from the Settings>Apps menu or from the Play Store app page.

While using Astro File Manager, make sure you're navigating to the "Storage" or "SD Card" folder. Folders and files that are possible to delete are usually found in its subfolders.
    Thanks B. Diddy
    A correction first: my cell phone is not as shown on the thread; it is an LG-E610
    I'm trying to delete gallery folders, nothing having to do with protected folders
    I believe they are held on the device memory.
    I'm totally at a loss trying to do it.
    Thank you

Are the galleries you're trying to delete locally stored, or from the cloud (i.e., from your Google+ Photos)?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Are the galleries you're trying to delete locally stored, or from the cloud (i.e., from your Google+ Photos)?
    They are stored locally

And are they galleries you created, or the system created? If the system created them, they're probably protected and can't be manually deleted by you. Trying to find the location of folders with photos in them can be a little difficult, because they can be anywhere in the directories--Android scans the whole system periodically (using the Media Scanner system app) to look for new media that is then added to the Gallery and other databases.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

And are they galleries you created, or the system created? If the system created them, they're probably protected and can't be manually deleted by you. Trying to find the location of folders with photos in them can be a little difficult, because they can be anywhere in the directories--Android scans the whole system periodically (using the Media Scanner system app) to look for new media that is then added to the Gallery and other databases.
    I am not sure because at a certain time the cell phone downloaded files from my computer, the galleries among them. Also all contacts on my Address Book which I also need to delete as they need not be on the cell phone. I don't know where these are located but I don't need them.
    I am unable to tell why it did so but I know the download happened without my knowledge.
    I guess the way to solve this is to reestablish factory settings. Doing this would eliminate everything.
    There is nothing I need to keep on the cell phone. Mt contacts are stored on the SD card, so I would not lose them.
    Thanks

Try using root explore.

Sent from my HTC One
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Phalgun Gujjar View Post
    Try using root explore.
    How do I do it?
    I've never had to deal with this kind of problem before.
    I can do many things in my computer but cellphones are not easy to deal with, not for me at least.

I can't help you much further with the gallery issue--you'll just have to find the folders where those photos are stored on your device and delete them. Once you've done that, go to Settings>Apps>All, select Gallery, then Clear Cache and Clear Data.

As for the unwanted contacts, do you know what account they're associated with? Select any of those unwanted accounts and edit it--what account appears at the top of the page? Is it the "Phone Account"? If so, then the only way to delete those contacts is to manually delete one by one. If they belong to some other account, you can try to remove that account by going to Settings>Accounts, selecting that account, tapping the menu button, then selecting Remove Account.