Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Darren Ingram
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Should I keep the LG stock launcher or stay with 3rd party launchers?

Now I have tried Nova Launcher, Next Launcher 3D, Apex Launcher, Smart Launcher, and Go Launcher EX. But at the end of the day, I feel like my LG Optimus F3 looks natural with LG's stock launcher. But, sometimes I feel that the LG stock launcher might make the experience of this phone slower. Does LG's stock launcher effect performance? I AM NOT going to root because that attributed to the death of my previous phones, the LG Optimus V, and HTC One V, both were stuck in continuous boot loops. Plus my mom won't EVER let me again. On a side note (a pretty random one) I have a red case, but that conflicts with the amount of cyan and blue shades present in the LG UI. Anything you can suggest that might make the combo look good?
    Thank You

P.S. Below is a pic of the same setup I have of my phone and the case
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should I keep the LG stock launcher or stay with 3rd party launchers?-lg-optimus-f3.jpg  

Default Re: Should I keep the LG stock launcher or stay with 3rd party launchers?

Using a 3rd party launcher won't slow down the phone much, if it all, as long as you don't go overboard with a bunch of 3D widgets.
    jayboiandroid likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Should I keep the LG stock launcher or stay with 3rd party launchers?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Ingram View Post
    Using a 3rd party launcher won't slow down the phone much, if it all, as long as you don't go overboard with a bunch of 3D widgets.
    How do you feel about the LG UI thing and the rest of my post?

Check out the ADW launcher. There's a free and paid version. Paid works best and there's some nice features and themes. I've got an F3 as well and I rooted it and now it won't do the latest update right so yeah, rooting is taking chances. I hope mine doesn't Bork itself. I think the stock launcher is fastest. It's very minimal but ADW is fast but has more features. Try the free version first. Enjoy your new F3!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

I'd stick with Nova Launcher. I think its the best launcher. Go Launcher is pretty cool too, but can be laggy sometimes.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wizzrah; 01-30-2014 at 12:19 AM.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Any things you guys like to say about the aesthetics of the phone? Anything to add coolness to my phone combined with the case?

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by jayboiandroid View Post
    Any things you guys like to say about the aesthetics of the phone? Anything to add coolness to my phone combined with the case?

Make it shoot flames out of the speaker!

On a serious note, you can try and find a theme that matches the color of the case for your respective launcher.

“Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

Thanked by:
    jayboiandroid likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Make it shoot flames out of the speaker!

On a serious note, you can try and find a theme that matches the color of the case for your respective launcher.

LMAO Make it shoot flames!

Just themes that are techie or whatever you like. Maybe even a ringtone though I haven't used one in a long while but I might look into it now that I've thought of it.