10-22-2014 08:31 PM
- Does anyone know of a site that has the files and instructions for a ROM for the F3? It reboot loops when plugged in and says "security error" on one of the LG splash screens. It takes luck and quite a bit of waiting and sometimes it boots normally after a ton of reboots, and sometimes the camera app is missing. I'd like to flash a fresh Virgin Mobile ROM and hold off on rooting for a bit until I can read up on it some more. Thanks in advance for your help!02-05-2014 01:56 PM
- I googled it and found file links and instructions. I'll post if anyone needs. Probably tomorrow. My phone will reboot 100 times before it boots into Android. Because of my inexperience I probably won't root it again. Besides, I saw rumors online that LG is going to release kit Kat for F3.
Posted via Android Central App02-05-2014 11:41 PM
- It might be helpful if you did post your findings!
I rooted my Virgin Optimus F3 a few weeks ago to use Link2SD - I was totally out of storage space and getting annoyed at the constant "out of space" errors.
I'm looking forward to the KitKat update, but I'm also concerned that something might go wrong on my phone once it hits. Or maybe it'll be fine and I'll just have to re-root it to get my expanded storage back. Or MAYBE they'll let you move apps to SD natively in the OS in Kit Kat?
Anyway, yes, please post what you learned, and your experience fixing the phone, if you have the time. I'd benefit, as well as any lurkers!02-06-2014 08:46 AM
- http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobi...ml#post6188079 that's where I found the instructions after a google search. I'm going to try to update it now. Towards the bottom there's a more complete instruction set than the original post. The original/first post assumes you know the standard procedure. The more descriptive one plays out like a manual so I'll be less likely to make mistakes or get lost.02-06-2014 12:02 PM
- How odd. I just flashed it and it's stuck on the LG splash screen for a couple minutes now. It's not reboot looping at least. I'm tempted to power it off or take out the battery and then seeing if it restarts but I'm afraid it's configuring itself or something and I don't want to pooch it again though the process to flash it is fairly easy. I know I'll be keeping those files on my hard drive. I just rebooted it and it's stuck on the LG screen. Weird. I think I may have bricked my phone. I'll wait for a bit and see if it boots into something resembling Android.
Edited: Ok I had initially used the version 1.5 flash utility. I went down further in the post and saw there was a version 1.6 so I installed it, tried it, and it looked like it was working different and bingo, I'm now booted into stock Android. It was activating a minute ago and it just rebooted and I now hear/see the Virgin Mobile splash screen. I guess my phone is now working. I gotta admit, especially with the 4.4 KitKat update possibly looming that I'm not going to root it. I need to spend less time online anyway so yeah, I'll settle for just a few apps.02-06-2014 12:52 PMLike 2
- Thanks for the update, linuxalien.
I'll keep mine as-is for now. I don't actually have that many apps, but the ones I do use - Baconreader for Reddit, BOINC, and Puffin, with one or two others - take up pretty much all the available space. It got so bad that *updates* weren't working because there wasn't enough space for the download to save.
If/when KitKat comes out, I might let it sit for a week or two and see if other people report having problems with their rooted devices.02-06-2014 01:55 PM
- Yeah, I'm definitely staying stock. What goofed it was that recent OTA update. It noticed I rooted and altered something after it kept crapping out in the middle of the update. At least now I know about cache cleaners. I came from using an iPod touch and iPad and didn't think that Android needs cache cleaners when Apple products don't. Not that I know of anyway. Hey, at least the cleaner apps are free for the most part.
Posted via Android Central App02-06-2014 06:06 PM
- 06-09-2014 04:50 PM
- By drpepsi in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 31Last Post: 02-07-2014, 09:59 PM
- By atakin77 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 02-05-2014, 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD