1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooted my Virgin LG Optimus F3

New here, found this forum searching on how to root this phone properly. I did so following numerous threads and videos I read and watched. I used motochopper, apps2sd, sd partition, etc. It worked well, but once i shut the phone down, it will not start up......at all! I even tried to safe boot it holding down the start and volume buttons. This thing is dead.....any way of getting it back working?
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Rooted my Virgin LG Optimus F3

Quote Originally Posted by CHELKO View Post
    New here, found this forum searching on how to root this phone properly. I did so following numerous threads and videos I read and watched. I used motochopper, apps2sd, sd partition, etc. It worked well, but once i shut the phone down, it will not start up......at all! I even tried to safe boot it holding down the start and volume buttons. This thing is dead.....any way of getting it back working?
    Thanks!
    Welcome to the forums.
    I need a little more information. What else did you do? Did you move anything to the SD card?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I think so, but when I did all the apps disappeared from my home page. I had to go to the play store to load them again. Then the SD showed very little space? That's when I went to settings to unmount the card and also reboot phone. That's when it didn't start up.
    Last edited by CHELKO; 02-15-2014 at 07:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by CHELKO View Post
    I think so, but when I did all the apps disappeared from my home page. I had to go to the play store to load them again. Then the SD showed very little space? That's when I went to settings to unmount the card and also reboot phone. That's when it didn't start up.
    Sorry, just saw this now. I am curious if a system file got moved to the SD card. As of right now, I think your only way to save the device is to find a JTAG service.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Not real savy with the lingo.........but what is a JTAG service?
    Thanks

Hi all.. I'm a little new to this "Rooting" although I did manage to root my old Samsung Intercept from 3 years ago with Intercept root kit. I now have a LG Optimus F3 from Virgin Mobile, and I cannot get the d*** thing to root... Even with MotoChopper. I keep getting the error message "FAILURE", and when I check root status using HowToRoot, SuperUser, and others it always says that superuser not accessible. I installed the windows usb drivers, tried running MotoChopper, and even tried to run the ADB file directly but nothing seems to work. I think that maybe?? Virgin installed a custom froyo or jellybean that has the latest exploits blocked? Any help would be great, as I am about ready to just take a hammer to it...LMAO!