Connects to router but reports back no internet

Sumuji

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Bought a LG Optimus Fuel for WiFi only.

My home network is like this. DSL fiber with modem/router mounted outside of my house. Inside the house it runs to a Linksys E1200. My ISP already runs things though a router so I have to make my router a bridge. My desktop is hooked up to the router via ethernet. It's not wireless. It's in port 4. The cable running from the outside modem/router runs into port 3. I don't have anything in the blue internet port. The desktop is wired but the notebook is wireless and it connects to the bridge just fine and gets the internet.

The phone. It detects the Linksys. It's connected to it in the past but I've tweaked things and now it just searches for a IP forever and then eventually reports back that it gave up because the signal was weak, which it isn't. When it was able to connect to it shortly after it would say Linksys something another no internet.

I've tried running static. Gateway 192.168.1.1 --- IP 192.168.1.128. I've tried different DNS. Google's 8.8.8.8. My default DNS. I got on the notebook and ran ipconfig to see what it says since it successfully gets on the internet. It reports back a Gateway of 208.XXX.XXX.XX. It's not here at the moment sorry. I tried putting that gateway IP into the phone and I beleive it connects then but no internet message eventually.

I've factory reset the router several times. I've restored the phone to default as well. I went to Lowes yesterday and they have free wifi and it connected just fine to it so I know it's capable. While I had the internet I got some apps. One recommended was Wifi Fixer. It reports back that WPA. Should it be asking for a password? I don't think the notebook was ever asked.

I got into the Linksys settings. Security is disabled. Although on the phone it says protected network available. Auto DCHP. Everything is set to default.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You say you tweaked things on the Linksys, and then all of this happened--do you remember what you tweaked?

Sumuji

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You say you tweaked things on the Linksys, and then all of this happened--do you remember what you tweaked?

I've never been able to connect to my internet on the phone.

I tried to put some security on it and WAP 2 Enterprize. Think I tried one other. It wanted 8-64 ASCII or hexidecimal characters for a pass. It kept saying I what I entered was invalid and then I couldn't access the router's setup page after that error and I had to reset it.

I tried to enter a static gateway IP. These are blank by default. Used 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

Disabled Wifi Protect

Think that's about it. The last time I reset the router and changed the mode to Bridge mode so my notebook could get on. Everything is set to default otherwise.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why are you using WPA2-Enterprise? Usually, for personal use, WPA2-PSK is preferred. Not sure if that's part of the problem, since I've never tried the Enterprise settings.

Sumuji

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Why are you using WPA2-Enterprise? Usually, for personal use, WPA2-PSK is preferred. Not sure if that's part of the problem, since I've never tried the Enterprise settings.

I meant WPA 2. I don't want any encryption. I'm rural. I don't want it to be secured. Besides the fact the router was reset and should have no security.

I tried inputting the 208.xxx.xxx.xx gateway IP that ipconfig was reporting for my desktop that's wired to it. I also changed the IP range for this. I also changed the DNS servers to what was reporting in ipconfig on the desktop. It went from taking forever to report Cisco returning no internet to connecting immediately....but still reporting no internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781