Where do my (NON-saved-contact) texts go after I've read them?

Anita Jay Vaughn

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
where to my (NON-saved-contact) texts go after i've read them?

my first android also, so this may be the stupidest question on the planet but while i HAVE learned a lot in the few months i've had the LG Optimus Fuel i still canNOT figure out where text messages go unless they're from someone i already have saved in my contacts. for instance when someone responds to my craigslist ad, once i've read it, if i try to go back & find it it is GONE. i can't find it anywhere, like i said, unless i can go to their saved name in my contacts & find it there in the texts. i've tried looking in messenger & every other place i can possibly see it going, but NOTHING. PLEASE HELP ME! this is really annoying & i don't need to feel any STOOpider than i do most of the time already!!! :-(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: where to my (NON-saved-contact) texts go after i've read them?

Welcome to Android Central! In the stock Messaging app, the main screen should show all of the various text conversations you've had and didn't delete. If you tap one of those conversations, you should see the most recent texts within that conversation. Tapping the Back button should bring you back to the main screen. So after you read a text from a non-saved contact, what happens when you tap Back? Do you see the main Messaging screen, with all of your conversations? Do you see the one you just read listed among them?