How do I remove a root from an LG Optimus G Pro?

A

AC Question

How do I remove a root from an LG Optimus G Pro

My husband put some type of Root on this LG Optimus G Pro. The problem is I am not tech smart as he was. We are no longer together and I do not feel that I can ask for his help, it was a pretty nasty separation. The problem is by doing the root it has voided the warranty, I tried to fix it in the settings to put it back to factory but I think I messed it up. I am just over my head on this and I really need this phone fixed!! Please help!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I remove a root from an LG Optimus G Pro

To really remove it so the carrier can't find that it was ever rooted, you have to flash the full unrooted ROM back to it. Look in LG Optimus G (International) - XDA Forums for help with that.

If you have SuperSU as an app (look in the app drawer), go to the settings tab in it, scroll down to the Cleanup section and tap Full unroot. A quuick check will show an unrooted phone. (If SuperSU doesn't uninstall itself, uninstall it.)

If I were you (yeah, I know, what you need right now is advice from a man), I'd leave it rooted for now. There are some apps that need to be on a rooted phone, like DiskDigger. It's free, and if you ever accidentally delete a picture and want it back, that should already be on your phone. (Installing it after you deleted a picture could overwrite the very picture you're trying to recover.) If you have to take the phone in for repair, either do the SuperSU thing or get help on XDA to flash the ROM. If the phone is in such bad shape that you can't even flash a ROM, there's no "root" or anything else in the system for them to find, so it won't matter.

(BTW, just in case you care, root just means that you [or an app you run] have administrative access to the entire phone. Google stops short of that, rooting gets it back. People who are comfortable running Linux feel like driving a 3 wheeled car when we're running Linux [which is the operating system in an Android phone] without the ability to get root. There's just something missing. Even if you never use it, it's there. It's supposed to be. It's not evil or malware or anything like that, it's putting back what Google took from us. And no, it's not a "guy" thing. The ladies on linuxchix.org [after writing code for 40 years, some of them make me feel like I'm not quit ready for kindergarten] probably feel as crippled without root as any man does.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX