Email and notices issue

Bill Sinclair1

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have an Optimus Fuel. I have my personal email set up on the phone.
When I added my work email to my phone, I started getting personal emails and notifications at work in my work email at my desk.
This is not acceptable. How do I turn this off besides deleting the work email from my phone.
It is convenient getting my work emails on my phone but I don't understand why my personal emails and notifications are being sent to my job.

thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the stock Email app? Do you have two separate accounts, one of them the personal email account, and the other the work account?

Bill Sinclair1

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the stock Email app? Do you have two separate accounts, one of them the personal email account, and the other the work account?

I am using whatever email application came with the phone.
Yes the email accounts are separate. My personal email lives on my server at billsinclair.net. My email at work is through Microsoft Exchange and lives on the server at work.
It is definitely not prudent for my personal stuff to show up in my employers email system.
I presume there is a setting on the phone that needs to be turned off, I just don't know where to find it.

thank you
Bill Sinclair

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a bit of a headscratcher. I don't know if this is possible on the Email app, but could it be that your personal email account is set as the default, and so replies to your work emails are actually being sent from your personal account?

Bill Sinclair1

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
That's a bit of a headscratcher. I don't know if this is possible on the Email app, but could it be that your personal email account is set as the default, and so replies to your work emails are actually being sent from your personal account?

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. My personal email is the default. ( I also have 2 other personal email address on my phone that do not interact with my work email only the default one ). I am not real concerned about what appears on my phone what matters is that my desk computer at work is getting emails and alerts ( through the MS Exchange on the work server ) from my personal email account. This is what confuses me. This account is connected to my face book account so every face book notification shows up at work ( among others ) any personal text messages I get on my phone are also being sent to my work computer.
I know, that if I delete the work email from my phone it stops but when I put it back on, it resumes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What I'm thinking is a longshot. But as an analogy--on your computer, if you use an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird, or if you use a webmail interface like Gmail and import some other email account into it (like Yahoo), there is usually a setting where you can select one of the accounts to be the default "Send As" address. Let's say that the default "Send As" address is your personal account. So what I'm wondering is--if you were to get a work email on one of those platforms (in this example, either an email client or a webmail interface), then replied to that email, maybe it gets sent from your personal account. Then subsequent replies get sent to your personal account.

Now, on your phone's Email app, if your personal account is set as the Default, I wonder if the same kind of thing could be happening. Like I said, it's a total longshot--just brainstorming, really. This situation would also mean that in order for the personal and work emails to start commingling, it would have to start after an initial response to a work email.

I hope this isn't too confusing.:-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol