Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Default Re: 3000 mAh battery

Quote Originally Posted by thexxoffspring View Post
    I ended up ordering this one too. Right now checking the tracker it is in Brooklyn NY. I live in Rochester NY so I imagine it'll come tomorrow or Monday. So excited to get it!
    Mine came from NY too.
    After using it for a few days, I love the battery life that it gives me. I don't get 2 days like some people, but I can use the phone heavily (web browsing, wifi on all day, data on all day, streaming pandora 3-4 hours a day, go in and out of service, etc) and after the day is done I'm left with 30-40% battery after about 12 hours worth of usage.

ROM
    Gelaton 11-28

Quote Originally Posted by danthemanohhyea View Post
    Mine came from NY too.
    After using it for a few days, I love the battery life that it gives me. I don't get 2 days like some people, but I can use the phone heavily (web browsing, wifi on all day, data on all day, streaming pandora 3-4 hours a day, go in and out of service, etc) and after the day is done I'm left with 30-40% battery after about 12 hours worth of usage.
    Just got yesterday but opened it today. Fastest shipping ever. The feel of the phone in my hand was a little bit awkward at first but I'm starting to really like it. I'll post later about battery usage

ROM
    modified BACKside

Just got yesterday but opened it today. Fastest shipping ever. The feel of the phone in my hand was a little bit awkward at first but I'm starting to really like it. I'll post later about battery usage
    I know what you mean, I popped the stock battery back in for a little while, and it feels extremely small/skinny/light and I don't like it lol

I definitely like the bigger battery now.

ROM
    Harmonia 1.6.1c

I ended up ordering this one too. Right now checking the tracker it is in Brooklyn NY. I live in Rochester NY so I imagine it'll come tomorrow or Monday. So excited to get it!

ROM
    Harmonia 1.6.1c

i bought that one last month. it is horrible. so i used battery calibration when charged to 100% to try and fix it. currently letting it die completely before charging. the link i posted before this post is to a better one it seems. anyone tried it?

ROM
    Gelaton 11-28

Battery life is no comparison compared to stock. I have the 2800 mAh one. 26% battery after 12 hours and 30 minutes usage. Mind you barely any service in school and Pandora for the last 4 hours. Just amazing. My stock battery would be at 10-20% by the time school ended. I love this haha
    jdcnosse likes this.

ROM
    modified BACKside

I threw my old stock battery in just for kicks yesterday, and after medium usage (100 or so texts maybe, and some light 3G browsing) it was down 25% percent (using mmarz's "formula" that equates to only 20 hours of battery life.

The extended one I've been able to get 2 1/2 days with light usage.

ROM
    Gelaton 11-28

Quote Originally Posted by jdcnosse View Post
    I threw my old stock battery in just for kicks yesterday, and after medium usage (100 or so texts maybe, and some light 3G browsing) it was down 25% percent (using mmarz's "formula" that equates to only 20 hours of battery life.

The extended one I've been able to get 2 1/2 days with light usage.
    The battery last soooooooo long. Like I'm too amazed lol. I can use it as much as I want and not worry anymore

I am having a small issue with mine. After a while I will pick up the phone and it will be off, like the battery had been pulled. Never had this problem with the stock battery.

ROM
    modified BACKside

So I did some calculations.

With the stock battery and medium usage (with wifi set to never sleep) I can get about 20 hours out of the phone.

With the 3000mAh battery, medium usage and wifi set to never sleep, I can get 60.5 hours. That's 2 1/2 days!

ROM
    MIUI-2.3.7 1.11.25

I got this battery today,its pretty thick. The package came from Hong Kong,charging it now well see what it does.
    SAMLOKA

Im looking into the 3000 mah but does anyone know if any case or pouch would work with the extra thickness?

Have not found a case yet but have tried a few holster types and have found that any with the elastic sides work fine or if they are classed as medium or large. Medium being snug and large some times being loose fitting.
    Thanked by 2:
    SAMLOKA

Just got my 2800mah battery from CS Technology LTD (ebay) .. for 20 shipped. The cover and battery are really good quality, like very good. Its a perfect fit and finish... Id say for the price and the, "1 year manufacturer warranty against defects in materials and workmanship" sounds good.... I just hope it performs just as good as it looks.

so far with stock battery ive managed anywhere from 8-13 hrs with my frequent use. I'll report back when i get times with the new battery.
    Thanked by:
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    SAMLOKA

I finally got some time to report some of my findings with my setup. I still need time for the phone to settle. This test was with a recent battery calibration and Jerrys latest build 12/21 and not so great signal :P

Using the 2800Mah from CS tech. Frequent use, what i would call "good" use. Texting, games, lots of browsing and radio over wifi with a few calls.

With the help of some profiles. Overclocked with ondemand governor. Min set to 245 and Max to 864.
    ( very stable ) Screen set to full brightness. Juice Defender to help with the wifi and 3g toggling. Ive managed about 35hrs.

I think the phone is still having some issues reading the battery for some reason. I didnt charge my phone at all. I got two jumps on this screenshot. It decided it still had juice and jumped twice lol . Minor jumps but jumps nonetheless. I'm going to continue to test the battery after i let it settle in. Ill report back with more once i find the sweet spot lol

Last edited by notown; 12-25-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Just got the package from hong Kong.. Can i charge with the normal charger or do i need to use this thing they sent (not sure how to use so hope I can use regular charger) also the battery says 3500! I am running it down to 20% or so before changing

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nixie21; 01-03-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

So I calibrated the battery and have been using it for 2 and a half hours and I'm already down to 81 percent????

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by nixie21 View Post
    So I calibrated the battery and have been using it for 2 and a half hours and I'm already down to 81 percent????

Just use the phone like you want for a few days. The rom and battery have to acclimate to each other. Remember the rom is built with a regular battery installed so the extra life is new.

Iirc people said after three or four charge cycles it evens out. Just give it a few charge cycles and it should be reporting correctly.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Will do.. Thanks

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

How do you use the charger that came with it?

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #121  

ROM
    BACKside-V6 Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by nixie21 View Post
    How do you use the charger that came with it?

Just use your normal charger.
    If I helped you out, the thanks button is right over there...

ROM
    CM9, CM7.2, Quattrimus

After using mine for two months, it definitely lasts an incredible amount of time. If I try hard enough, I can get this baby to last 3 days with moderate use. The only glitch is that the battery meter will always be inaccurate. The battery percentage will fall to 1% as fast as it did with the original battery, then for the next day or two it will just sit at 1%. I've tried multiple battery stats wipes, offline recharge to complete discharge then another complete offline recharge and I've not been able to make the battery meter more accurate.

I wonder if that might be because the battery meter is voltage-based?
    Android Fanboy

ROM
    OM-Mandylion

I will be ordering this battery for my birthday in April. I look forward to my battery lasting a few days.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    modified BACKside

Quote Originally Posted by magiccheeto View Post
    After using mine for two months, it definitely lasts an incredible amount of time. If I try hard enough, I can get this baby to last 3 days with moderate use. The only glitch is that the battery meter will always be inaccurate. The battery percentage will fall to 1% as fast as it did with the original battery, then for the next day or two it will just sit at 1%. I've tried multiple battery stats wipes, offline recharge to complete discharge then another complete offline recharge and I've not been able to make the battery meter more accurate.

I wonder if that might be because the battery meter is voltage-based?
    I'd look into that...mine never does that lol

Mine Definitely does that after a couple months now >__< , anybody has any idea why?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast