3000 mAh battery

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
3000 mAh battery for Optimus S

Since everyone seems to be having good experiences with it I've decided to edit my post.

On the average this battery will give you 3-4 days of moderate use. One person has seen 6 days with light use and a ROM that's easy on battery.
It's going to fatten your device up, so be aware. The battery cover it comes with fits the 3000 mAh battery or two (!) stock 1500 mAh batteries. I still haven't found any type of case to use with it.

Use this coupon code at checkout for $4.00 off; A20CM

Last edited:

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There's pictures of just the battery and cover on the link I provided.
By the look of it, it'll add maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch to the overall thickness of the device.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
im going to order one as SOON as someone posts a pic of theirs with it installed. or if it even fits.

I would hate to hear that the S battery has some kind of notch or molding on it that prevents its use in the V. ive seen that with other phones before. so whoever gets it first PLEASE post your experience up here with it.

I would LOVE to have this, I need to carry my charger with me every day and find an outlet fairly often.

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
im going to order one as SOON as someone posts a pic of theirs with it installed. or if it even fits.

I would hate to hear that the S battery has some kind of notch or molding on it that prevents its use in the V. ive seen that with other phones before. so whoever gets it first PLEASE post your experience up here with it.

I would LOVE to have this, I need to carry my charger with me every day and find an outlet fairly often.
That's what hot razors and a daft hand are for, Cookie. Besides, I doubt it would be a problem seeing as it's for the S. Now if it were for the T or M, we might have an issue.

This battery from eBay is a 2800 mAh that is advertised for the V but says it also works on the S. I don't think we have an issue with the 3000 from that site.

However...

DISCLAIMER: I won't be responsible if you're out 20 bucks because this battery doesn't fit. I also won't be responsible if you cause global thermo-nuclear war because you modded the battery to make it fit.

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The V and S are exactly the same size because they are the same phone hardware wise. I have both and all of their parts are interchangeable.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Even if you take out the battery cover from the V you should read the model LG-LS670 and thats the "S" model...

good on ya mate. would not have caught that.

I was just hoping that there was not some weird random notch or molding that prevents a S battery from going into a V or vice versa. I havent heard anything about that. but I've experience it with same model phones accross different carriers before.

its already weird enough that the S is ever so slightly shorter than the V and the home buttons are swapped. its those little seemingly insignificant details that end up being the problem.

My S screen protector wasnt quite the right shape but It got scratched, I bought one advertised for a V and it fit better on the edges. coincedence? possibly. but its a weird little detail I noticed

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
good on ya mate. would not have caught that.

I was just hoping that there was not some weird random notch or molding that prevents a S battery from going into a V or vice versa. I havent heard anything about that. but I've experience it with same model phones accross different carriers before.
its already weird enough that the S is ever so slightly shorter than the V and the home buttons are swapped. its those little seemingly insignificant details that end up being the problem

My S screen protector wasnt quite the right shape but It got scratched, I bought one advertised for a V and it fit better on the edges. coincedence? possibly. but its a weird jlittle detail I noticed

Ya my case is for the s

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
From the description:

"The batter is thicker than the standard battery"

That's a great feature to have... I often comment on how my OV's batter is too thin... not good for pancakes, lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk