Wired headset?

zires

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I bought a wired headset from ebay a Samsung that was marketed for the Optimus V. I bought two of them and the button on both of them does not hand up the call etc.

Has anyone found one that works? I am also looking for an extension cable with a microphone that I can connect regular headphones to. I had one for my palm centro that worked great.

Thanks in advance!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you rooted your phone? If so, you can use keymapper to try to find if the button is recognized, and if so, which button it is mapped to. If you find the button, you can then remap it's function using buttonremapper.

Reactions: zires

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Here's a link to the thread over at XDA, you need the top two attachments at the bottom of the first post, KeynrTracker.apk and ButtonRemapperV0_2.4.1.apk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850464

First use the KeynrTracker.apk with your headset plugged in, then press the button on the headset cord to find it's keycode. Next, open ButtonRemapper and find the keycode, then choose what you want that button to do. When finished with the ButtonRemapper, you need to reboot your phone.

(I PM'd you this info, and posted it here for everyone else)

zires

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I tried the process on xda and it did not recognize the button on the headset. It did for the one that came with the phone. Anyhow...I already gave a headset to a friend of mine who has a motorola citrus. Worked great on that phone.

Anyone else found a wired headset that works?

WLH7M

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought these and used them for an extended period the first time today.

I give the quality of construction an 8, sound quality a 7, and value a 10. I'm no audiophile so YMMV. They feel nice and solid, come in a nifty little zip up case, and have 4 sets of different size cushions.

I made several phone calls today and no one complained about not being able to hear me.

The button works for both answering/ending calls and controlling whichever media player-esque app I had opened last.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought these and used them for an extended period the first time today.

I give the quality of construction an 8, sound quality a 7, and value a 10. I'm no audiophile so YMMV. They feel nice and solid, come in a nifty little zip up case, and have 4 sets of different size cushions.

I made several phone calls today and no one complained about not being able to hear me.

The button works for both answering/ending calls and controlling whichever media player-esque app I had opened last.
ZOMG YOU GOT A REFERRAL LINK IN THAT LINK.

If you missed the sarcasm I apologize

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Any update on this? I need a wired stereo headset that works. I need the button to work too.
Whats wrong with the stock headset?

Are you using a custom rom?

15 bucks really isnt that much for a headset. I have two headsets for my computer that cost right around 100 bucks each. One I won from sound blaster the other I bought. Also the cheaper the headset the quality will be lesser.

zires

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

The stock one is fine. I just want a backup one. $15 is too much as I bought a samsung one on ebay for $5 the button didn't work though.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

The stock one is fine. I just want a backup one. $15 is too much as I bought a samsung one on ebay for $5 the button didn't work though.

Well you get what you pay for an you got a se of headphones that didnt work the way you wanted them too.

zires

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Well the headset button does work as I tried it on my friend's motorola citrus but just doesn't work on the optimus v. What is the one that you bought again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon